2014 North American Saxophone Alliance Conference and Competitions
Viking Instruments
Hyson Music

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 2014 North American Saxophone Alliance Conference and Competitions

The 2014 North American Saxophone Alliance (NASA) Biennial National Conference will be held at the University of Illinois March 20-23, 2014 with Co-Hosts Professor Debra Richtmeyer and Dr. J. Michael Holmes. Please be sure to visit the conference website: www.NASAconference.com

Special featured artists will include internationally renowned classical saxophone legends Frederick Hemke, Eugene Rousseau and Donald Sinta and internationally renowned jazz saxophone stars Branford Marsalis, Brad Leali and Chip McNeill. All evening concerts will be held in the Krannert Center for the Performing Arts (KCPA) Foellinger Great Hall. Daytime events will be held throughout the University of Illinois School of Music and Krannert Center for the Performing Arts. Other featured artist include Clifford Leaman, Timothy Roberts, Debra Richtmeyer, J. Michael Holmes and David Bixler.

The 2014 NASA Conference events will include soloists with the UI Wind Symphony, UI Symphony Orchestra and Concert Jazz Band, as well as numerous classical and jazz chamber music concerts, master classes and lectures. A new “NASA Nightcap” Jazz Combo Series will be held each evening after the KCPA Great Hall concert at Stage 5 in the Krannert lobby.

2014 NASA Competitions
    In addition to the conference activities, five different college and high school age classical and jazz saxophone competitions will be held before and during the conference (NASA Collaborative Pianists are available for a fee). There will also be a composition competition which is is open to any musician wishing to create an original work for saxophone and percussion. Here is a complete list of 2014 NASA Competitions:

2014 Conference Theme
    NASA honors the 200th birthday of Adolphe Sax and the 20th anniversary of the first NASA biennial conference: A Historical and Present Day Celebration of Saxophone Performance, Pedagogy and Industry. Special consideration will be given to presentations that assist the conference in showcasing the versatility and progression of the saxophone in performance, pedagogy and industry from its invention to present day.

Forum Administrator and Contributor 2009 drakesaxprof's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: 2014 North American Saxophone Alliance Conference and Competitions

Thanks for posting, Michael -- I'll be there with Oasis Quartet, New Third Stream Quartet, and likely an additional group.
    I lean and loafe at my ease, observing a spear of summer grass. - Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass
    jimromainmusic.com
    oasisquartet.com

I am a Conn-Selmer and D'Addario artist, and Membership Director for the North American Saxophone Alliance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: 2014 North American Saxophone Alliance Conference and Competitions

Anybody else going to be at the Conference this year? A few other guys from the University are going to be going with me, and our Professor will be performing.

-Bubba-