Sax on the Web Forum banner

30 Day Long Tone Challenge?

4K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  WarrenScottRobertson 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Finished! - what a great experience - although I've done long tones every day for a long long time - this is the first time I ever did 100 per day for 31 days ( about one hour per day depending on the note )...
Really enlightening and educational...here's a jpeg of my Long Tone Log: http://mattotto.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/31-Day-Log.jpg
Hope you enjoy it as much as I did :)

#11 ·
Some supervision is required.

#10 ·
On my 11th day today. Struggling to fit it in while not giving other things up, but hanging in there so far.

It has certainly highlighted that although I have been playing the same mouthpiece for years, I haven't gotten all that much control over it.

Cheers,

Dave

#13 ·
I am going to try this, but I'm not sure what would be the most beneficial approach if I want to incorporate both soprano and tenor: should I alternate days per horn [or] divide each daily session between sop and tenor each day. I'm leaning towards the latter, i.e., dividing each day/session between the two horns (50 long tones per horn).

I'd be interested in hearing any theories on what others think might be a good approach to consider.

(Any one else notice Matt's well-executed Lotus position? How hip is that? As I've heard Dave Liebman put it in a few of his masterclasses I've attended: "That's some Eastern kind of sh*t.")

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.