Sax on the Web Forum banner

Recommendation on a saxophone transcriber

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  blahchici 
#1 ·
I wanted to get a song from YouTube for an alto sax transcribe was wondering if anyone knew of someone that is legitimate and not over price.

Thanks

#3 ·
Transcribe it yourself man, seriously you'll get more out of it. You'll learn it much better than just looking at notes on a piece of paper, you'll learn his inflections and all the little things. Normally I would recommend something to slow it down to make it easier but honestly this would be very easy as is, since it's slow already. Probably one of the easier things you can possibly transcribe. No fast runs, almost no altissimo, nothing too technically hard. To be honest, this isn't the type of song "transibers" do, they do bebop, hard bop, and other styles that can up to almost 350 BPM, have advanced chord changes, fast runs, altissimo etc, this is something someone could easily do in a few hours at most. Just do it yourself if you really want to learn it. IMHO, you can't get that much from a song like this, no licks to steal, only very basic chords and not a whole lot of "theory" in it to learn from. The only reason to transribe something like this would be to play it exactly, unless that's all you plan on doing, don't waste your time and transcribe something that you can learn from and can apply to your future playing! My opinion as always, not right or wrong

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.