ALERT: Important change to Marketplace Posting Regulations - READ - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru milandro's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: ALERT: Important change to Marketplace Posting Regulations - READ

IF the problem persists, ask someone from the staff in a PM you make a better chance to be noticed
    Life is just a bowl... some have cherries in it, some don’t. Those who have the cherries aren’t likely to share them though.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaxOnTheWeb.net
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So nobody answered Pete's question if the rule on length of membership and number of posts applies only to sellers or to both sellers and buyers? I would assume it is just for sellers because it appears that people who do not meet the requirements are blocked from posting but those who are simply inquiring about an item with an interest in buying it can post. I see them all the time now.

So what is the current rule please? And can one of the mods clean up all the redundant threads on the rules which only confuse the issue for all of us?

Thank you.
    'How far y'all going?' Ruby asked us with a sigh.
    'We're going all the way 'till the wheels fall off and burn.
    Till the sun peels the paint and the seat covers fade and the water moccasin dies'.

Formerly the Big Island, now on the road in an RV
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The rule applies to marketplace privileges. It's difficult to separate buyers and sellers given this fact. So, the rules apply to both buyers and sellers at this time. It does not, however, stop a potential buyer from contacting a seller directly, but does affect the ability to post WTB threads.
    Sound guy theory of relativity: E=mc^2 (+or- 3dB)
    Sax player theory of relativity: E=mc^2 (+or- .010" at the tip)
    "Free jazz is the vegemite of the musical world. It's an acquired taste."-J. Jacques

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Haku. Mahalo
    'How far y'all going?' Ruby asked us with a sigh.
    'We're going all the way 'till the wheels fall off and burn.
    Till the sun peels the paint and the seat covers fade and the water moccasin dies'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopeitisthecorrectthing as one can make arguments either way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drakesaxprof View Post
    New rule, effective immediately, requires 1 year AND 100 post SOTW user history before Marketplace selling privileges will be granted.

Please read here for further details.
    Why is the *sticky* for this thread not up-to-date? If you follow through the conversation, there are references to the current policy being 6 months and 50 posts, but the sticky still says 1 year and 100 posts.

In addition, I am, to my consternation, not allowed to follow the "please read here for further details" link. When I try to follow the link, I get a pop-up that informs me, "streader, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons: 1) Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system? 2) If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation." I'm trying to do neither of these things, simply to access the supposedly-important details in the sticky.

Baffling

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Streader, you are easily baffled and you have resuscitated an ancient thread ( 2013) which has been overruled many times since.

Hakukani has published the new, up to date and comprehensive rules, and OK, someone should get rid of all the other links and leave only these.

http://forum.saxontheweb.net/showthr...les-12-14-2015

Quote Originally Posted by hakukani View Post
    To avoid confusion concerning the marketplace rules, the administrators have collaborated on putting all the rules into one post.

Marketplace Rules

1. Marketplace eligibility

Eligibility for both the for sale and want to buy sections are determined by:

a. If you were a member prior to June 16, 2013, you should have Marketplace Privileges regardless of your post count.
    b. For those members joining aft June 16, 2013, Marketplace Privileges are attributed after six months AND 50 posts relevant to saxophone or some aspect of music making.

2. When posting an item in the marketplace, you MUST provide the following information:

a. Item name make, model (especially specify alto, tenor, etc.)
    b. Asking price. This is not eBay.
    c. Your shipping Location
    d. Description in more details. Condition.
    e. Email Enabled in your profile, or posted in the ad. For safety sake, the former is advised.

3. There is no bumping allowed.

Bumping comes from the term BUMP, which stands for: Bring My Post UP – In other words, bumping is the act of posting frequent updates in one's marketplace ad in order for it to appear on top of the forum page – Not only is this practice unfair, but it’s annoying and it can lead to “Bumping wars” which in turn cause chaos rather than the anticipated benefits.

We (the mod/admin team) tolerate updates when a seller is posting to say that an item is still available.

However:

Posting an update once a week to say that the item is still available is ACCEPTABLE

More frequent updates are UNACCEPTABLE.

4. Items for Trade

• One must still specify a price value for items for trade.
    • Also specify “For Trade” or “FT” in the ad's title. Update November 25, 2013: Choose “For Trade” prefix before posting.

5. Ebay Auctions

Ebay auction may be listed in the marketplace as long as:
    ? “Auction” or “Ebay” is specified in the thread's title
    ? and providing only a link to the auction.

Of course, no bidding allowed in the forum and contact and transaction with the seller via Ebay only.

6. Relisting Items

After 2 months if your item(s) still has not sold you may (besides revising your price, shipping cost, description and other relevant details) ask us the permission to submit a new ad.

To do so, you must:
    • Email or PM your favourite friendly admin (i.e.: red usernames) to specify your intentions to re-submit a marketplace ad.
    • Specify the URL of your old ad, so we may delete it to avoid possible confusions and make place for your new ad.

7. Do not publicly debate the asking price.
    If you have an issue with the list price, take it up with the seller in private.

8. If you're selling more than one item that is of the same type (i.e. multiple mouthpieces or horns), please list them all in one ad.
    If you're selling a large quantity of items (more than 4), it's fine to re-list a new ad after 50% of the items in the previous ad have been sold. Please notify a moderator or administrator when you do this so that we may remove the other listing.
    Life is just a bowl... some have cherries in it, some don’t. Those who have the cherries aren’t likely to share them though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, Milando. My bafflement was actually a rather limited one, mostly having to do with why one would be prohibited from following a link given to further info, but I certainly appreciate your mild put-down.

Since this thread is, as you say, ancient and multiply overruled, it should probably be replaced as the sticky that is the first thing someone sees when going into "SOTW Marketplace rules and Awareness."

Quote Originally Posted by milandro View Post
    Streader, you are easily baffled and you have resuscitated an ancient thread ( 2013) which has been overruled many times since.

Hakukani has published the new, up to date and comprehensive rules, and OK, someone should get rid of all the other links and leave only these.

http://forum.saxontheweb.net/showthr...les-12-14-2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It has been replaced by the one I quoted in my post, shreds of previously released threads survive unchecked and that’s why I have reported this problem about all these ghost threads to the administrators.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a frequent lurker, but seldom poster, I'll have to step up my game a bit. I've purchased several mouthpieces from the forum with great experiences and was hoping to sell a few now as well. I'm about halfway there!
    Alto- Yanagisawa A902 with Meyer 5M and Rovner Ligature
    Tenor- D & J Paragon Stencil with Vandoren Jumbo Java T55 and Optimum Ligature
    Bari- Jupiter 893SG Artist and Runyon Smooth Bore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you can do it , persevere!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4