Sax on the Web Forum banner

For Canadian Barone Owners/Customers

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  EllSyd 
#1 ·
Since it appears one can't slip into a store to try out a vintage or classic tenor if in NYC.....buying online is the option.

Any Canucks who have done so in the last year or so:
What can I expect re: customs duties? Was HST collected?

There's not much time left in May, and Phil has the 10% May discount special mentioned in another thread. I have a friend who's bugging me about going to NY to buy a new trumpet, but I can't see any advantage of going with him since I wouldn't likely even get a chance to see the Barone line of finishes, let alone try one.

And if any Barone tenor owners are in the GTA area (Toronto/Oakville/Guelph/Hamilton/Brampton/Mississauga etc.) and would let me see your vintage or classic, it would be much appreciated.
Please PM me. I'm near Georgetown.

David

#3 ·
Hi EllSyd, I am surprised why $77. I thought there will be at least 12% PST and GST for Vancouver. There may be no duties on musical instrument. ... Could it be because it is charging the tax of the province where it first enter Canada? Do you remember where was it first entering Canada?

I am interested in this because I am also thinking to buy a saxophone online.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.