WTB HR slim WAGNER (or TONEKING/KEILWERTH) BARITONE MPC - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: WTB HR slim WAGNER (or TONEKING/KEILWERTH) BARITONE MPC

Powerful, loud, aggressive ... definitely sounds like a Wagner! Whoever ends up with it is going to love it. Does if have the original sort-of-Otto-Link-style ligature?
    youtube.com/user/instrumentattic
    current Attic occupants: sop Holton | alto Silversonic | tenor Mk VI, King S20 | bari Vito (Yana) | bass Conn | mouthpieces galore

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaxOnTheWeb.net
    Advertisements

Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru milandro's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I got this with a hard plastic and metal screws ligature
    Life is just a bowl... some have cherries in it, some don’t. Those who have the cherries aren’t likely to share them though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

~I just got another of these mouthpieces.

If anyone wants it... doesn’t have to be expensive. The one I have has teeth marks but is otherwise in very good shape.
    Life is just a bowl... some have cherries in it, some don’t. Those who have the cherries aren’t likely to share them though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which baris do these sound so good on? I'm guessing Keilwerth, obviously, but what else? The first bari I ever bought came with a HR Wagner 6 (not sure what that measures out to), and it never struck me as anything special on the baris I've tried it on. It made the horn it came with sound like a dead, stuffy, student horn - I thought it was the horn so I ended up going out and buying a better one. Then I tried the mouthpiece that came with the second horn on the first one and it sounded great. Do the Wagners need to be refaced/opened up to sound good (as Latenitesax's posts seem to suggest), or do (at least) some of them play well as made?

Distinguished SOTW Member B Flat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It sounds as though these pieces are perhaps similar to the Strathon/Zinner adjustatone bari pieces.
    Only without the sliding baffle.
    Has anyone any experience with both pieces and how do they compare?
    Sent from my iPhone using poor grammar and literacy skills.
    Quality Wrought Iron & (mediocre Sax Playing)
    www.warpironworks.com.au

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the Wagner played very nicely with several baritones which came into my possessionincluding the Weltklang Low A.

Distinguished SOTW Member LateNiteSax's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YES they need a proper professional setup by a great mouthpiece refacer as do many stock mouthpieces past and present. But the magic is definitely there in these blanks and they are totally worth getting set up. I want to note that I had a few of these, and one of them had a VERY large inner bore. WAY bigger than the other two so that I could not interchange them on the same cork. I got rid of that one with the large inner bore, so there is this difference between the ones I had. Other than that they were virtually identical blanks.

Quote Originally Posted by saxophender View Post
    Which baris do these sound so good on? I'm guessing Keilwerth, obviously, but what else? The first bari I ever bought came with a HR Wagner 6 (not sure what that measures out to), and it never struck me as anything special on the baris I've tried it on. It made the horn it came with sound like a dead, stuffy, student horn - I thought it was the horn so I ended up going out and buying a better one. Then I tried the mouthpiece that came with the second horn on the first one and it sounded great. Do the Wagners need to be refaced/opened up to sound good (as Latenitesax's posts seem to suggest), or do (at least) some of them play well as made?
    "We sax players need to stick together and save the world." Sonny Rollins, 1993 after a show.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12