WARNING: Lance Burton At MartinMods Will Not Finish Or Return Our Saxophones - Page 2

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Forum Contributor 2014 bbbouklas's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Martin Mods/Lance Burton.

he has one of my horns too and has received a payment from me a very very long time ago.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaxOnTheWeb.net
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DanPerezSax View Post
    WOW. I had no idea.
    Why would you?

Distinguished SOTW Technician griff136's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: WARNING: Lance Burton At MartinMods Will Not Finish Or Return Our Saxophones

There are two sides to every story I would like to hear/see his response.

Theres nothing like a forum for getting things out in the open an hopefully getting a result that is mutually acceptible. You both seem nice guys to me.

good luck - lets hope your horn comes back in great shape.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SaxOnTheWeb.net
    Advertisements

Distinguished SOTW Member
    Forum Contributor 2014
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: WARNING: Lance Burton At MartinMods Will Not Finish Or Return Our Saxophones

That sucks....maybe he'll chime in and get all of it straightened out.
    CONN 10M (1936) White ROO Pads....Best Tenor Ever! King Super 20 1st Series (Mad killing alto)
    "Just noticed that the "lol" symbol looks like a drowning guy, and all you see is his head and arms sticking out of the water. I bet he's not laughing out loud!"

Like us on Facebook!!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Saxes...32078803475235

Forum Contributor 2013
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eguy,
    Wow man thats heavy stuff,
    I hope pulling his covers here will solve the problem.I will be interested to see if you are one of the few or one of the many.
    Same type of thing happened to me a long time ago....I have to believe this type of thing happens more often then one would think.

Forum Contributor 2012

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's difficult to determine without investigating all the facts, but it sounds like this could constitute several instances of unlawful conversion -- especially if demands for a return of the horns have been made, and the horns were not returned. I would start with a complaint to the Better Business Bureau (you can do it online at bbb.org) and then go from there.

Forum Contributor 2015-2016
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reminds me that when my home was broken into, the things stolen that hurt the most were related to making music. Finding my Mk VI sop was personal.
    Go for The Tone,

g

"When you are doing well, don't forget to do good." - Sichan Siv.

As a Veteran for Peace, I am already against the next war.

Discombobulated SOTW Member
    Forum Contributor 2013-2017
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enviroguy, in your title and first underlined sentence you use the plural "saxophones" but then describe only one. Not that that's not bad enough, but are there others you know of?

I appreciate your caution in posting this but if the facts are as you state them, you are justified in doing so. I hope this gets resolved to your satisfaction soon.

[Edit] Never mind on the first paragraph, I saw my affirmative answer in the other thread.

Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009 MyMartinTenor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rackety -- check the other thread about this. Other people are having similar issues.

Distinguished SOTW Member ratracer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@rackety - here's the link to the other thread.

http://forum.saxontheweb.net/showthr...-Lance-Burton.

Forum Contributor 2007-2013
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by griff136 View Post
    There are two sides to every story I would like to hear/see his response.

Theres nothing like a forum for getting things out in the open an hopefully getting a result that is mutually acceptible. You both seem nice guys to me.

good luck - lets hope your horn comes back in great shape.
    I agree 100%. And I hope Lance can step-up and prove he can deal honestly. I like the guy and I like what he can do with a sax. But enough is enough. We need our saxophones back with the modifications and repairs we paid for.
    Good Luck,

Enviroguy

Discombobulated SOTW Member
    Forum Contributor 2013-2017
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MyMartinTenor View Post
    rackety -- check the other thread about this. Other people are having similar issues.
    Yes, thanks, I just saw it and edited my post.

Forum Contributor 2008/Distinguished SOTW Member Swampcabbage's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't knwo Guardala was doing modifications in Seattle?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too much...my blood boils. These f******. C' mon Lance...a

Distinguished SOTW Member Sebastian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re-stating my post from another thread:

I sent my horn to Lance near the end of September 2009. When we talked, he wanted a 10M to put on his site so he said he could do his conversion for $500 and that he would need six weeks. In the meantime, Lance moved with my horn from Florida to Washington which I had no idea of. Every time I asked about the horn, it was another excuse from his personal life. He has told me that he is trying very hard to get by financially, so I have offered to pay more to get this over with. To be fair, Lance never accepted more money. However, I was leaving my job in the Canadian army band to apprentice with Ted Klum and needed a tenor to test out horns and just to play on (I sold my dear Selmer Balanced Action to pay down my line of credit before my move to the US) and actually had to borrow money to buy an inexpensive Chu here on the Forum ....
    I have asked several times to have my horn sent back as is ... I didn't care how far it was, send my parts and horn back and I will find a way for someone else to put it together. I asked to forget about the conversion, as I understood there were pads already (??? don't know haven't seen a picture in forever) and the conical neck tenon was done I think, that leaves the LH conversion and the hole where the F# key was supposed to be removed and repositioned.
    Why haven't I gotten my horn back?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Lance is on line and about to respond. Let's see what he has to say for himself. I would love to wrong about all this because that would mean there is a chance I might still get my sax back, along with the others that posted in the other thread.
    Good Luck,

Enviroguy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would hope this isnt the case. I understand life struggles/obstacles. I would expect he would give you updates. This should iron itself out. I wont judge the man, but if this is the case, this is most unfortunate. I am sure there is a resonable explanation though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Enviroguy View Post
    I agree 100%. And I hope Lance can step-up and prove he can deal honestly. I like the guy and I like what he can do with a sax. But enough is enough. We need our saxophones back with the modifications and repairs we paid for.
    Todd,

Just for the record: You emailed me on 3/12/11, asking for an update. I emailed you on the 12th, 13th, and the 14th, with picts and exciting news, with no response from you. Care to explain?

The rest of my reply will follow later today. I have some short-order items that must ship today, a mouthpiece extender and two thumb hooks, or....no electricity.

Distinguished SOTW Member Sebastian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PercussiveAlto View Post
    I would hope this isnt the case. I understand life struggles/obstacles. I would expect he would give you updates. This should iron itself out. I wont judge the man, but if this is the case, this is most unfortunate. I am sure there is a resonable explanation though.
    Getting 'updates' has been like pulling teeth. When he does respond, it's usually without any info about the horn. I have NO idea how far along my horn is, nor have I seen a photo of the instrument with all it's parts since 2009. There is no explanation why he hasn't simply returned my horn in whatever state it is despite how many times I've asked for it back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinMods View Post
    Todd,

Just for the record: You emailed me on 3/12/11, asking for an update. I emailed you on the 12th, 13th, and the 14th, with picts and exciting news, with no response from you. Care to explain?

The rest of my reply will follow later today. I have some short-order items that must ship today, a mouthpiece extender and two thumb hooks, or....no electricity.
    I was really hoping for a response like, "No, it ain't so and your horn is on the way".

Instead, you reference some last minute emails sent after I had to suggest the same as I posted above. And again, in those emails, you talk about some new process, promise photos of this work applied to my bari and then send me two photos of some work on someone's alto. A review of all emails shows there is no real evidence you even still have my saxophone since the original tone hole work. All that talk may be exiting for you, but it's not so for my son since he is not getting to perform with our bari sax during this last year before he goes off to college.

We could dig down into almost two years of emails but it's meaningless because I do not have my saxophone and others on this forum don't either. And you obviously have time to work on other people's stuff. So where are the saxes?

If you have actually done this work on my bari, let's see the photos. I promise I will eat my words, jump for joy and sing your praises the moment my sax arrives back home. I'd sure rather have my bari sax back instead of complaining about someone on SOTW. This is your opportunity to step us and show us our saxophones.
    Good Luck,

Enviroguy

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast