Sax on the Web Forum banner

Kanee Hard Rubber Mouthpieces Pass Around

54K views 125 replies 47 participants last post by  dtkky 
#1 ·
Since yesterday I posted the introduction of Kanee HR mouthpieces and announced Kanee will provide free samples for testing, there already were someone contacted me for samples testing, I am trying to be effective and scheduled to have this pass around activity, so I just list something below, if somebody would like to try our samples and commit with the following terms, please reply the post to list your contact informations, such as name, address, email and tel. This activity shall start from 2010 Dec, packs to be sent as Christmas gift.

PS: Please be sure that we will guarantee the first come first served, regardless who he is.

1. Based on our Kanee current resources and budget, 10 packs of samples each month will be sent out, each pack might cover 8 Kanee models of sop, alto and tenor, and this pass around activity shall last 12 months if there will be enough people interest, I am willing to send out one thousand free sample models in the next year.

2. In each month, 5 packs will send to US and another 5 to Euro, it could be flexible based on real situation. Regarding to the high cost to do oversea express delivers from China, the first one in US or EURO who might interest to get samples pack will receive 5 packs which will be sent by Kanee from China, he could keep one pack and will have responsibility to send out the remaing 4 packs of samples to the other receivers in the around areas, as reward, the first receiver might keep any 2 Kanee models which he loves for ever;

3. Once the receiver get the samples pack, he needs to send email to kaneemusic@gmail.com to confirm the receiving date, so that Kanee can foresee the date when the next receiver shall get the pack.

4. Each receivers might keep these samples for testing within 20 days, and afterwards he need to pass out to the next receiver as Kanee arranged in our list, the mailing and contact informations will be noted by post or email notifications;

5. All the scheduled receivers will be listed by date publicly on SOTW forum month by month, so the whole process of passing around could be transparent, and the next receiver might have right to push the previous receiver to be as sender on time.

6. The receivers after testing must have responsibility to post his reviews of samples based on each Kanee models, regardless the single model is bad or good, the words is short or long, and Kanee will still post some of reviews in our website, the one's reviews are on our website, he will be rewarded with 2 Kanee models he prefers;

I guess that is it for this moment, as it is our first to have such activity, so some issues might be out of my considerations…let's just do it, and the terms might be adjusted based on real situations in the future, you may still suggest any of your good ideas by sending email to kaneemusic@gmail.com, but I must guarantee our activity must be always transparent at any situations.

So it is time to catch up with replying to get your position.

Thanks

Kane Lee
www.kaneemusic.com
kaneemusic@gmail.com

See less See more
#2 ·
I am interested in trying some pieces.

I would rather not post my email and telephone but would be happy to send this info. in an email if you prefer.

I am not sure which models will be in the trial packs but I am most interested in would be the Custom O6 or 7 for tenor.

Thanks,

Jason

#4 ·
Hi Jason:

You are our first guest on SOTW, really nice to meet you. And thanks for your suggestion that I just realize it might be improper to ask for tel and email information, of course please email me.

And any one who might interest in our Kanee samples, please do just leave your name and address, and I will email you to follow up, or you shall still email me at kaneemusic@gmail.com, you are welcome to do so...

By the way, as spoken, there will be 8 models in single pack, so most typical models of Kanee will be covered, so please do not worry, that you will have the all beyond your expectation.

#5 ·
I would also be interested in testing these mouthpieces.
Daughter plays alto & sop.
Info going your way in an email.

Edited for clarification:
I have been told I have a 'black or white' personality, so I am having a hard time with the ambiguity...
1......each pack might cover 8 Kanee models of sop, alto and tenor,....
2.......he could keep one pack and will have responsibility to send out the remaing 4 packs of samples to the other receivers in the around areas, as reward, the first receiver might keep any 2 Kanee models which he loves for ever;... (In each month, 5 packs will send to US and another 5 to Euro,.......first receiver of the first pack, or the first recievers of the 10 packs?)
4. Each receivers might keep these samples for testing within 20 days,......(enough time to test all? Especially if the player has more than 1 model? Or all 3!? Possible that all 24 mouthpieces need to be tested in 20 days on multiple horn types. Others probably would know better than I, just saying...)

Of course I don't want to sound like this is a bad idea, just pointing out what I think should be clearly spelled out so there are no gray area's.

Also, if I can make another suggestion.
I would have the 'first receiver(s)' email you on the 2 mouthpieces they like best & have those sent to them to keep. If these are truly the best mouthpieces in the bunch, then taking them out so others can't evaluate is probably not a good thing to do.

JMO & suggestion.

#6 ·
Mr. Lee,
I went to your website and allow me to make an observation, it takes several "steps" to get to the specs of each mouthpiece. It would list each mouthpiece /model with it's specs right along with them. The disappointment I have is that you seem to be catering to the average masses of today's saxophone players in that all your mouthpieces are medium chambers with medium to high baffles. Do you have any plans for large chambered mouthpieces with little to no baffles?

Sincerely
JR

#9 ·
Hi Steve,
I'm wondering have you tried any of the pieces yet, and if you have how do they feel like?

Thanks,
Jack

#10 ·
They feel and play great. I receive 3 tenor models. The O7, the V7 and the Z8. I love the O7 and V7. I'm not a big fan of the Z8 which is a high baffle piece. I should have got the Z7 I think as that has a smaller tip and a medium facing curve. I don't think I like the long facing curve that the Z8 is advertised as having. It just feels too huge and open to me.

Here's the review of the O7 which I really liked with a sound clip http://www.neffmusic.com/blog/2010/11/kanee-custom-o7-tenor-saxophone-mouthpiece/

I'll have the V7 up tomorrow which I also really liked.

#21 ·
So appreciate Neff's hard work and professional reviews on our Kanee mouthpieces sincerely!! Actually I am very excited to hear Neff's sound come from our mouthpieces, BRAVO! I am still looking forward your reviews about our alto mouthpieces, such as M5, V5 and Z5. It might give everyone some ideas before trial.

#12 ·
I would like to test Kanee Hard Rubber Mouthpieces.
I just sent you an email. Thanks!

#13 ·
Kane,

I'm very interested in contacting you about your mouthpieces, it would be very important also in South America have your products. I cheked the reviews and audio clips from NeffMusic and I think it's a great sounding mouthpieces.

I write directly to your email.

K.

#16 ·
email sent.

Thanks

#20 ·
Kanee Pass Around Name List of 2010 Dec

Name, SOTW ID, Location
Jason Shapiro, (TJS) NJ, USA
Agustin Moran, (Augie) CA, USA
Derek G Head, (Nobby Keys) United Kingdom
Jorge Castillo J, (konex) Chile
Adam Klemm, (saddam) Slovenia
Allen Lowe, (allenlowe) Maine, USA
Egil Furre, (EgilF) NORWAY
Anselmo, (Anselmo) SPAIN
Kevin W Grinnell, (kwgrinnell ) USA
Aaron, (aaront) WA, USA
Cristiano von Simson, (cvsimson) KS, USA

#24 ·
Hey Everyone,
I received 7 packs of 6 mouthpieces each yesterday. It is quite a production to mail all those packs from China not to mention costly so Kane Lee asked if I could help. I'm packaging them up now and will send them out today. You'll have to talk to him about the details of the passaround. I did send him an email about the 2 free and he meant that for one person such as myself who is sending all these packs out not for every person trying the mouthpieces. Just wanted to clarify.

#25 ·
I sent the mouthpieces out priority mail yesterday with delivery confirmation. You should be getting them in a few days..........hopefully before Xmas. I'm interested to hear what everyone thinks of them. I didn't try any of them but I looked at some of them and the quality looked the same as the ones I received. Enjoy. Steve

#29 ·
Hello everyone:

First, so appreciate all your support and interests at Kanee mouthpieces, as I got several questions about current conditions of pass around, so I guess I need to clarify it here.

If anyone would like to try Kanee mouthpieces, he just need to commit that he is willing to review and post on SOTW then pass the trial to the next domestic guy, by simply replying my tread on SOTW, and email me his mailing informations to kaneemusic@gmail.com, I would add him to our list.

I have budget to send out 10 packs of trial in each month, all the trial packs in US or EURO of last month shall stay in domestic to pass to the next, but do not need to return them to China.

In my original post, I offered the first receiver shall keep two models, to cover his work and cost to pass the remaining trial packs, now Kanee could handle it by ourselves, so every receivers just need to enjoy--review--post--pass, I think every receivers' cost is just mailing to the next one domestic guy, it should be under 10 USD.

Hopefully my clarification works, note me if something are not proper. thanks very much!

Kane

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.