Sax on the Web Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What are you listening to right now? (OLD thread)

Admin 
470K views 2K replies 408 participants last post by  Ballad Kid 
#1 ·
Post your current fancy!

#140 ·
Re: What are you listening to right now? (NEW thread)

Bud Shank and the Sax Section.

Found it in the cheapo vinyl bin. John Lowe, Bill Perkins, Jack Nimitz, Bob Hardaway, Bob Cooper, and Bud Shank. The horns range from bass to soprano. Arranged by Bob Florence. Good stuff.

#147 ·
#157 ·

Trane's Spiritual off the Sax Impressions album. The other day I was riding my bike along 9th st (nyc), come to a stop about half way through the piano solo. All of a sudden Trane's solo comes in on top of it. What the? I've listened to this a hundred times, that solo was never there before, but it was perfect. And in stereo. I only had one ear bud in. I look over and see a guy in front of a church wailing away in perfect time and pitch to Spiritual. I love ny moments like that...

#158 ·

I just got Donny McCaslin's new album "Declaration". I'm really digging it. I have all his other albums but this is by far my favorite. Seems like the solos are more emotionally charged and melodic to me. A great CD to check out.

#159 ·

A sound comparison I made of me playing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" on my '29 Martin Typewriter tenor using a Jody Jazz ESP with and without spoiler, a SS Ponzol M2 using a Bois Lig and the Rovner Lite Lig, a Dukoff D7, an STM Link, a 130/2 Berg and a 115/0 Berg.

#160 ·

My collection of Jesse Davis stuff. He reminds me a lot of Sonny Stitt on alto. Not in a copycat kinda way, more like Sooooo much talent wrapped in a beautiful clear alto tone. Wonderful stuff... all of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.