Sax on the Web Forum banner

Solo and Ensemble Choice

914 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  BSaxMan0923 
#1 ·
Well...This year i have decided to take on the challenge of auditioning for Solo and Ensemble on bari and alto. I was wondering what would be some good musical selections for an advanced junior in high school. If you have any suggestions for music i might be able to play please notify me. Thanks =)

#2 ·
How advanced? Are you in a state like Florida (where I am) that uses grade levels of music by number or what? I help with solo and ensemble pieces quite a bit, but need to know what kind of player you are (more expressive or more technical), and what advancement you want. Be glad to help, and provide some insight into pieces if they happen to be something I've played or helped coach...=)

-Pat

#3 ·
Well...in my 8th grade year i played Eccles sonata. took a break my freshman year. and last year i played the Heiden sonata and ended up with a 28 of a possible 30. I am not in Florida btw. We grade our music by beginner, easy, medium easy, medium, medium hard, hard, and professional. they were saying the Heiden sonata was medium hard last year if i can use that as a benchmark.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.