Sax on the Web Forum banner

Lawson Lunde Sonata Recordings

5K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  ams264 
#1 ·
Hello!

For the first time in New York State, the Lunde Sonata is a possible choice for an All-State Audition. Does anyone have a recommendation of a recording I might use as a reference for my students? Thanks!

~Steve

#3 · (Edited)
The Lynn K recording has a pretty blatant note mistake in it. Can't remember which movement, but you can hear it if you are listening with the music.

Edit: On Second thought, I think I'm thinking of a different recording of this work.

#4 ·
D'oh! I have the Nadine Shank play-along, and used to own Vintage Flora until I loaned it to some student who never returned it! And double D'oh, I should have known that as i did my undergraduate work with Dr. Klock back in the late '70's at Hartt!

Any others?

#10 ·
I'm preparing this piece now for a competition now and it's a great piece. I'm afraid I don't know of any recordings of it because I just listen to a recording of my teacher's friend playing it.

#11 ·
There's actually a recording by a group called the Camerroto Duo. Its on an album called Oblivion along with some other pretty cool pieces like the Iturralde "Suite Hellenique." It's really a pretty decent recording of the piece. The album is available through emusic, but that is the only place I've seen it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.