Sax on the Web Forum banner

Which post should win the Topic of the month January, 2010 contest?

• [post=1319705]Just put up two new lessons on the Blog.[/post]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [post=1326396]SOTW January 2010 Tune of the Month - Barbara[/post]

• [post=1326811]Check in for the Sax Symposium Jan 15 & 16 2010 at GMU[/post]

• [post=1333103]Improvisation and Being Coherent[/post]

• [post=399469]Best Tuner for Saxophone?[/post]

• [post=703562]Make Your Own Ligature[/post]

• [post=1269315]Too bright to be classical?[/post]

• [post=1315599]My Promo reel[/post]

• [post=1326048]Let me die![/post]

• Remaining nominations cumulated

Topic Of The Month January, 2010

33K views 24 replies 21 participants last post by  J-Moen 
#1 ·
Which post should win this Month nomination contest?

Choose from the threads listed throughout the forums, and vote for your favorite post now.

What is Topic Of The Month?
Topic of the Month is a contest that select posts on which we would like the community to commit to as a group and then comment/discuss on them during the course of the selected month. Any listed thread in selected sub-forums is eligible for the Topic of the Month selection. Click the button found in the first post (OP) of the thread:

Please Note, that is next to the Quick reply button, perhaps too close!

What determines a Topic Of Month?
Topic Of Month is based on a simple nomination system. Throughout the selected forums, members with adequate permissions can nominate their favorite topic by clicking on the award nomination button below the post.

The topics with the most nominations during the course of the month are displayed on this thread using the poll feature. At the end of the month, the first three topics with the most nominations are the award winners of the contest.

Only SOTW members in good standing with ten or more posts are permitted to vote in this contest.
Past awards - Hall of Fame

If you have any questions, suggestions or concerns, feel free to post here.

See less See more
#2 ·
Let me die!

I found this post on "Let me die!" interesting and have nominated it accordingly for "Topic Of The Month January, 2010"

EDIT:
And because of the nature of topic i've voted for, i would like to ask the moderators to extend the poll to "the funniest" , "the most ridicoulous", and the couple of other categories...

#3 ·
Re: Let me die!

I found this post on "Let me die!" interesting and have nominated it accordingly for "Topic Of The Month January, 2010"

EDIT:
And because of the nature of topic i've voted for, i would like to ask the moderators to extend the poll to "the funniest" , "the most ridicoulous", and the couple of other categories...
I've already made a similar request in a previous TOTM thread and it was a no-go..but good luck with yours

#12 ·
Make Your Own Ligature

I found this post on "Make Your Own Ligature" interesting and have nominated it accordingly for "Topic Of The Month January, 2010"

#16 ·
I think an interesting topic would be: "Women Saxophonists". When I play my gigs, people tend to be surprised that I can "get down on the sax".. and someone even told me it would be even cooler for me to play bass guitar! Haha! What's that supposed to mean????? Women can't play saxes because it dsoesn't look right???? =P

#22 ·
A bow to King Curtis.

I found this post on "A bow to King Curtis." interesting and have nominated it accordingly for "Topic Of The Month January, 2010"

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.