Sax on the Web Forum banner

Concerto for Alto Saxophone, Trumpet and Orchestra

5K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  kaspy 
#1 ·
written by Jean Rivier

anybody else heard of it?
i've heard a recording with the Slovak State Philharmonic Orchestra with Antoine Cure on trumpet and Daniel Gremelle on saxophone.

thanks in advance.

really interesting piece btw, i plan to play it in a recital next semester

#3 ·
+1 It's awesome.

#6 ·
Its a great piece - the score is really hard to get hold of though. I bought it a few years back. Gave the trumpet part to the guy was gonna play it with and never got it back! (should have given him a photocopy...) tried to re-order it earlier this year with no luck!

#7 ·
I have this piece. I have not had the opportunity to play it. I bought it a few years ago with the hopes of performing it with a friend of mine, but, we were not able to make it happen.

Here is the information for anyone who wants to purchase a copy:

Complete title: Concerto pour saxophone alto, trompette et orchestre a cordes

publisher: is Gerard Billaudot Editeur

When I bought it it was around $30.00.

#9 ·
I just downloaded this as I realized I didn't have a recording of it, only to find that the version I downloaded was some sort of wind ensemble instead of string orchestra. What's up with this? Does anyone know of this version? I'm not sure who the player is, but I think the group was French. Bummer, the string orchestra version is much better and legitimate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.