SOTW has to do something against dirty sellers on SOTW marketplace .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    inactive member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SOTW has to do something against dirty sellers on SOTW marketplace .

I have a hard time by someone who is member of SOTW .
    And this cost me perhaps a lot of money .
    I do not give $250 to someone for nothing .
    I did pay with Paypal and 16 november it is from dispute changed to claim .
    1 november he promissed me to send the Brilhart HR 3 to Brian Powell .
    But he send nothing .
    I will never buy or sell anything more on marktplace SOTW .
    I do not trust transactions anymore .
    There are members who are dishonest like thieves in the night .
    I think that SOTW has the duty to make a list of members who are stealing from other members .

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaxOnTheWeb.net
    Advertisements

Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: SOTW has to do something against dirty sellers on SOTW marktplace .

Instead of blaming SOTW post the member's Name!!!

Forum Contributor 2011
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sonnymobleytrane View Post
    He has!

in this thread:

http://forum.saxontheweb.net/showthread.php?t=120751

5. Remove Advertisements
    SaxOnTheWeb.net
    Advertisements

Distinguished SOTW Member
    Forum Contributor 2009-2017
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"SOTW" is not a corporate personality ... the site is what the membership makes it. Sellers aren't vetted by the people who administer the site and as with any other commercial transaction, "buyer beware" should be kept in mind. There are many reputable members who have sold instruments and accessories on this site for years without a hitch. I think your feelings toward the site as a whole, while somewhat understandable, are misplaced.
    Yamaha TS62; P. Mauriat 66R; Warburton LA; Legeres
    Vito (Beaugnier) Baritone/HR Berg 105/1/M
    Buffet Greenline Clarinet; Yamaha 221-II Bass Clarinet

inactive member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not blame SOTW , i only want to say that there must be come a list of dishonest sellers , or maybe a big warning at marketplace for to warn members of the danger with transactions .

Forum Contributor 2015-2016
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did Blue Hodge ever communicate with you that he would return the piece. Did he ASK for a refund or did you just send PayPal.

I've read your other thread and it seems a mess. If you just sent money without having a clear understanding from both parties, I'd say that you created your own turmoil.
    Go for The Tone,

g

"When you are doing well, don't forget to do good." - Sichan Siv.

As a Veteran for Peace, I am already against the next war.

Über Geek
    Forum Contributor 2010 Distinguished SOTW Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wolf View Post
    I do not blame SOTW , i only want to say that there must be come a list of dishonoust sellers , or maybe a big warning at marketplace for to warn members of the danger with transactions .
    Much as I sympathize with your situation, SOTW has no means of properly investigating these incidents, so SOTW has absolutely NO business compiling such a list. It's OUR responsibility as members to research the history of the people we choose to deal with, understand we are taking a calculated risk, and then report back to the rest of the community if something goes wrong so that nobody else is harmed.

Sales on the marketplace are strictly on the honor system, and I'll still take that over eBay nearly every time. That said, I'm really sorry you've had such a bad experience.
    "Nothing is worse for a musician than getting an opportunity you aren't prepared for." - Quincy Jones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you buy with Paypal, I believe the item must be sent to you if you want any protection, and not to a third party.

inactive member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr G View Post
    Did Blue Hodge ever communicate with you that he would return the piece. Did he ASK for a refund or did you just send PayPal.

I've read your other thread and it seems a mess. If you just sent money without having a clear understanding from both parties, I'd say that you created your own turmoil.
    I do not buy or sell very much .
    He talked about a refund but i did not know how i had to do this by Paypal .
    I trusted Blue Hodge because i bought the Brilhart HR 3 back from him .
    I am not rich and i had to take all finance in november on a special way .
    But if i loose my money i promisse Blue Hodge that he can count on my energy for to put his name and address on Dutch and international sites against thieves and scam - corruption .
    And also if this man writes again on SOTW i'll quote his message and write something in the posting as warning for him .
    But i must wait on the fnal answer of Paypal , and he has the time until 26 november for to act with the claim .

Thanks bari sax diva !
    Yes Ebay is with more protection .

Swingtone , sometimes it is possible that someone sends a product to a third person . It spends time and double shipping if something must be repaired or refaced . And for me it was Brian Powell . Brian knows Blue Hodge and 9 days ago he send a friendly message to Blue Hodge without my knowledge , but also Mr. Powell did not hear a thing .

After all information i have read , i stop immediately with SOTW marketplace !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wolf View Post
    Swingtone , sometimes it is possible that someone sends a product to a third person . It spends time and double shipping if something must be repaired or refaced . And for me it was Brian Powell . Brian knows Blue Hodge and 9 days ago he send a friendly message to Blue Hodge without my knowledge , but also Mr. Powell did not hear a thing .!
    Yeah, I think I was looking at this from the wrong end. It's actually the seller who needs to prove delivery to your address to receive protection. So if he can't show this, you're actually in good shape as far as a Paypal claim. Just go through all the steps and provide Paypal with the info they need, and you will eventually get your money back, whether those funds are extracted from the seller's acct. or come from the company itself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LiAm84 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnymobleytrane View Post
    He has!

in this thread:

http://forum.saxontheweb.net/showthread.php?t=120751
    Thanks, I never saw the thread.

Distinguished SOTW Member and Champion of the Holton geauxsax's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: SOTW has to do something against dirty sellers on SOTW marketplace .

Is Blue Hodge the same guy who was the culprit in another mouthpiece ripoff complaint a couple weeks ago?

inactive member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: SOTW has to do something against dirty sellers on SOTW marketplace .

Quote Originally Posted by geauxsax View Post
    Is Blue Hodge the same guy who was the culprit in another mouthpiece ripoff complaint a couple weeks ago?
    If it is , it is madness !
    But maybe you are talking about my earlier posting on marketplace .
    Also i do think that people like him always makes more victims than one .
    So it could be possible that he does this more than once on SOTW .
    I have to say that my music is realy more death than fun on this moment .
    And people like Blue Hodge pffffffff what music must that be what he brings oh good heavens .
    Lying and cheat music , selfish greedy people who are only interested in how their own playing or day is
    pfffffffffffffffffffff If you have to play fine , good , honest swinging music you have to be a good honest person . And in this i believe until death !

Forum Contributor 2012

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bari_sax_diva View Post
    Sales on the marketplace are strictly on the honor system, and I'll still take that over eBay nearly every time.
    I wouldn't. I'd rather have real protection. The problem with the honor system is that some people who have no honor participate under the pretense that they do.

I'm guessing Blue Hodge won't be back. It looks like he's already taken his avatar picture down.

I feel bad for the people he apparently fleeced while he was here.

Distinguished SOTW Member Kelly Bucheger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Buck Laughlin View Post
    I'm guessing Blue Hodge won't be back. It looks like he's already taken his avatar picture down.
    Yeah, I noticed the same thing: he used to have this picture (a photo of himself?) as an avatar:

And now it's gone... Hmmm...
    My BRAND SPANKING STILL HERE CD, • House of Relics • iTunes, Amazon, Bandcamp.
    Sakshama Link on a VIGwind Slant on a 10MTenney Berg on a VIPhil-tone Alto on a TH&C

SOTW Lead Administrator SAXISMYAXE's Avatar
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Re: SOTW has to do something against dirty sellers on SOTW marketplace .

Normally we don't make such information public, but I will in this case due to the mass concern over this individual. I banned Chris Harris(Blue Hodge) from SOTW for not coming through with his promises to make right the transactions he had outstanding with members of this board.

He failed to update or contact all concerned, including a failure to reply to my warning communication with him, all over what was an unreasonably long period of time. There is no doubt in my mind that he is a complete fraud, and owes several people a not insignificant amount of money.

He now poses no threat to the Marketplace and our membership.

BTW,
    I closed his Marketplace privileges when the complaints first started rolling in, so he was unable to place any further ads there, or participate in that sub forum.
    Mike S.
    SOTW Administrator/Staff

Forum Administrator and Contributor 2009 drakesaxprof's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SAXISMYAXE View Post
    Normally we don't make such information public, but I will in this case due to the mass concern over this individual. I banned Chris Harris(Blue Hodge) from SOTW for not coming through with his promises to make right the transactions he had outstanding with members of this board.

He failed to update or contact all concerned, including a failure to reply to my warning communication with him, all over what was an unreasonably long period of time. There is no doubt in my mind that he is a complete fraud, and owes several people a not insignificant amount of money.

BTW,
    I closed his Marketplace privileges when the complaints first started rolling in, so he was unable to place any further ads there, or participate in that sub forum.
    I have also recently heard, on rather good authority, that this may be the least of his troubles, and that he is 'in a jam' in Minneapolis. In any event, I hope that PayPal will help Edward, and that this is the last any of us will hear from BlueHodge.
    I lean and loafe at my ease, observing a spear of summer grass. - Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass
    jimromainmusic.com
    oasisquartet.com

I am a Conn-Selmer and D'Addario artist, and Membership Director for the North American Saxophone Alliance.

The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster
    Forum Contributor 2007-present
    Hawaiian homey, German resident, doing time in Texas
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SAXISMYAXE View Post

BTW,
    Good work, Mike. Thanks!

"Even if I could play like Wynton Marsalis, I wouldn't play like Wynton Marsalis."
    - - Chet Baker

TK Melody UL soprano
    Selmer S80 Serie II alto
    Julius Keilwerth SX90R tenor

Distinguished SOTW Member and Champion of the Holton geauxsax's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gary View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by saxismyaxe View Post
    normally we don't make such information public, but i will in this case due to the mass concern over this individual. I banned chris harris(blue hodge) from sotw for not coming through with his promises to make right the transactions he had outstanding with members of this board.

He now poses no threat to the marketplace and our membership.

Btw,
    i closed his marketplace privileges when the complaints first started rolling in, so he was unable to place any further ads there, or participate in that sub forum.
    good work, mike. Thanks!
    +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say we kick his @ss

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast