Sax on the Web Portal - Motivational, Inspiration

• Motivational, Inspiration

by Published on 02-26-2017 10:55 PM     Number of Views: 3231 
    1. Categories:
    2. Motivational, Inspiration
    Article Preview

Improvising on the saxophone has transformed my life forever. It has awakened me to a completely new level of spirituality – hard words for me to type, as a rationalist. Improvisation is a religious revelation. It is meditation, red mist and the soul. Playing music without a plan showed me the full dignity of the human consciousness and the hot power of the mind. It made me question everything that had gone before, and opened up unlimited possibilities for everything that lay ahead. It very nearly never happened. I want to share my story, and my elation, about how it did. Somebody showed me how.

When I was about 11, my parents made me start taking lessons once a week for 30 minutes, together with another kid. Our teacher, a clarinet player, would take us through the required pieces for the next grade exam. They were classical: The melodies felt stiff. I thought the saxophone was the stupidest thing on the planet, and I gave up around four years later. I don’t think I played the instrument at home even once.
  • Amazon ad

• Recent Article Comments Widget

AdamGoodlake

Evaluating a Used Saxophone For Purchase (video)

thanks! really helped out Go to last post

AdamGoodlake 02-16-2018 10:16 PM
  • Google ad

• SheetMusicPlus

• Recent Forum Posts

WilboH

Craigslist 12mm Conn Bari: Worth Even Considering?

Came across a Bari Conn while searching for a tenor in my area (Bozeman, MT). While not my ideal purchase I am mulling the idea over. (a bari could be a ton of fun to have around!) It appears, after...

WilboH Today, 02:58 AM Go to last post
    rangerxs1

Re: Do Mexiconn Shooting Star Necks work on a 10m?

In response to those asking what I meant by the neck is seriously fried, the neck came to me with a very severe pulldown and extensive dents. It was then given an attempt at a repair that...

rangerxs1 Today, 02:41 AM Go to last post
    saxyjare01

Re: JL Woodwinds saxophones

https://youtu.be/kd9LZ6ywWNM

saxyjare01 Today, 02:33 AM Go to last post
    MartinMusicMan

Re: BEWARE! Parent Company of WWBW,Music/Arts and Music123

I have over 60 years of experience (if I count the years of clarinet lessons starting from when I was 8). I have lots of posts on SOTW. I have a Rovner lig but I don't use it. Instead I use a Rico H...

MartinMusicMan Today, 02:23 AM Go to last post
    Jcam44

FT*** Macsax DJazz 7 for Macsax DJazz 6

Hi all,

I know it's a bit of a long shot but I was wondering if anyone is interested in trading a DJazz 7 for a 6. I enjoy the piece but am not quite as in control as with a smaller tip opening....

Jcam44 Today, 02:19 AM Go to last post