Sax on the Web Portal - Motivational, Inspiration

• Motivational, Inspiration

by Published on 02-26-2017 09:55 PM     Number of Views: 2028 
    1. Categories:
    2. Motivational, Inspiration
    Article Preview

Improvising on the saxophone has transformed my life forever. It has awakened me to a completely new level of spirituality – hard words for me to type, as a rationalist. Improvisation is a religious revelation. It is meditation, red mist and the soul. Playing music without a plan showed me the full dignity of the human consciousness and the hot power of the mind. It made me question everything that had gone before, and opened up unlimited possibilities for everything that lay ahead. It very nearly never happened. I want to share my story, and my elation, about how it did. Somebody showed me how.

When I was about 11, my parents made me start taking lessons once a week for 30 minutes, together with another kid. Our teacher, a clarinet player, would take us through the required pieces for the next grade exam. They were classical: The melodies felt stiff. I thought the saxophone was the stupidest thing on the planet, and I gave up around four years later. I don’t think I played the instrument at home even once.
  • Amazon ad

• Recent Article Comments Widget

• Google ad

• SheetMusicPlus

• Recent Forum Posts

10mfan

Re: ***** Happy 4 year anniversary sale---10MFAN HR mouthpieces *****

15 days left to this great sale.
    We are at a 3 week or so wait period, so get your order in and get on the list as soon as you can, so you get your mouthpiece quicker.

Thank you all again for...

10mfan Today, 01:32 PM Go to last post
    nachoman

Re: Please Recommend a Classic Novelty Recording

pretty much anything by the Bonzos fits the original posters description...

nachoman Today, 01:29 PM Go to last post
    jazzbluescat

Re: Cannot get to last page of threads

Still stuck.

What's going on?

jazzbluescat Today, 01:29 PM Go to last post
    mrpeebee

Re: Everyone looking for a mint condition Florida.........

Mojo, I'm always curious to that information but never find details. Could you elaborate a bit further on this (I guess not!)?

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

About the main topic of this thread:

I'm...

mrpeebee Today, 01:23 PM Go to last post
    turf3

Re: Good Reeds vs Bad Reeds?

I almost never throw out a new reed. I adjust it till it plays the way I want it to. This is easier because I have been playing the same brands and strengths for years, so I know how they're likely...

turf3 Today, 01:19 PM Go to last post