Sax on the Web Portal - Motivational, Inspiration

• Motivational, Inspiration

by Published on 02-26-2017 10:55 PM     Number of Views: 3221 
    1. Categories:
    2. Motivational, Inspiration
    Article Preview

Improvising on the saxophone has transformed my life forever. It has awakened me to a completely new level of spirituality Ė hard words for me to type, as a rationalist. Improvisation is a religious revelation. It is meditation, red mist and the soul. Playing music without a plan showed me the full dignity of the human consciousness and the hot power of the mind. It made me question everything that had gone before, and opened up unlimited possibilities for everything that lay ahead. It very nearly never happened. I want to share my story, and my elation, about how it did. Somebody showed me how.

When I was about 11, my parents made me start taking lessons once a week for 30 minutes, together with another kid. Our teacher, a clarinet player, would take us through the required pieces for the next grade exam. They were classical: The melodies felt stiff. I thought the saxophone was the stupidest thing on the planet, and I gave up around four years later. I donít think I played the instrument at home even once.
  • Amazon ad

• Recent Article Comments Widget

AdamGoodlake

Evaluating a Used Saxophone For Purchase (video)

thanks! really helped out Go to last post

AdamGoodlake 02-16-2018 10:16 PM
  • Google ad

• SheetMusicPlus

• Recent Forum Posts

Gordon (NZ)

Re: Are flute pads translucent?

I discovered this by chance when I went down a scale with a testing cork still in the end. It is easier to achieve the sound without the foot joint, but that is possibly therefore a less reliable...

Gordon (NZ) Today, 12:58 PM Go to last post
    Dave Pollack

Re: New Video - GIANT STEPS!! On piano?!

Thanks a lot!

Dave Pollack Today, 12:56 PM Go to last post
    Gordon (NZ)

Re: Expanding a key cup to cover a tone hole on a TT "C" Sop

Why not? It is crying out to be done.

Gordon (NZ) Today, 12:54 PM Go to last post
    mikelaroche

Re: WTB - Stand for curved soprano

oops, wrong link on the "peg"
    https://www.amazon.com/HollywoodWinds-Curved-Soprano-Sax-Peg/dp/B000V6767I/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

mikelaroche Today, 12:45 PM Go to last post
    mikelaroche

Re: WTB - Stand for curved soprano

I use one of these "pegs" myself and like it, good for a doubler. Note that it is a peg and must be attached using an existing peg, I use a flute peg which makes a nice reed cap holder.

mikelaroche Today, 12:44 PM Go to last post