Sax on the Web Portal - Motivational, Inspiration

• Motivational, Inspiration

by Published on 02-26-2017 10:55 PM     Number of Views: 2710 
    1. Categories:
    2. Motivational, Inspiration
    Article Preview

Improvising on the saxophone has transformed my life forever. It has awakened me to a completely new level of spirituality Ė hard words for me to type, as a rationalist. Improvisation is a religious revelation. It is meditation, red mist and the soul. Playing music without a plan showed me the full dignity of the human consciousness and the hot power of the mind. It made me question everything that had gone before, and opened up unlimited possibilities for everything that lay ahead. It very nearly never happened. I want to share my story, and my elation, about how it did. Somebody showed me how.

When I was about 11, my parents made me start taking lessons once a week for 30 minutes, together with another kid. Our teacher, a clarinet player, would take us through the required pieces for the next grade exam. They were classical: The melodies felt stiff. I thought the saxophone was the stupidest thing on the planet, and I gave up around four years later. I donít think I played the instrument at home even once.
  • Amazon ad

• Recent Article Comments Widget

• Google ad

• SheetMusicPlus

• Recent Forum Posts

Jazzoetry

Re: Johnny Griffin/Sal Nistico/Roman Schwaller, 1987, live in Munich

This is why I share my efforts with our jazz community. Jazz must never go away...This is just as much fun and energy as playing sports with a team, best friends or players we've just met. "Pass me...

Jazzoetry Today, 01:47 AM Go to last post
    dha

SOPRANO MOUTHPIECES x 3

1: Riffault ideal hard rubber soprano mpcs. Refaced for me by mark spencer in 2008. He did not sign it but i have the email correspondence. With regards to this piece he said, "the riffault is at 64...

dha Today, 01:46 AM Go to last post
    Googolodoro

Re: WTB: Conn New Wonder Series 1 tenor, in Europe preferred

John,

Are you still looking? I have a couple of New Wonder I Tenors. Are you technical to do any repad or work? You could save a little that way. I am in USA, not Europe, so that is an issue. But,...

Googolodoro Today, 01:43 AM Go to last post
    mrpeebee

Re: Johnny Griffin/Sal Nistico/Roman Schwaller, 1987, live in Munich

Only saw this thread now.

The Griff is my favourite, but I like the playing and sound of Roman Schwaller also a lot (he plays a modern Link in this clip, nice open sound). Sal's sound on the Berg...

mrpeebee Today, 01:25 AM Go to last post
    Jazzoetry

Re: New Neffmusic Transcriptions

Neff I must compliment you on having such a good ear and sharing your skills with everyone. Great Work!

Jazzoetry Today, 01:25 AM Go to last post