Sax on the Web Portal - Reviews

• Amazon ad

• Recent Article Comments Widget

winesax

My 25 guys - whom to imitate

It is nice to have someone like you that thinks like me. I am a vintage sax man who plays a number... Go to last post

winesax Yesterday 05:21 PM
    winesax

My 25 guys - whom to imitate

I really liked your enlightened message a lot......I don't think about what I am playing after so... Go to last post

winesax Yesterday 05:09 PM
  • Google ad

• SheetMusicPlus

• Recent Forum Posts

skeller047

Re: Can I play on Cane reeds without trashing the planet anymore

Shakusax, that's a good approach, except for the break in part; I have come to the conclusion that breaking in a reed is a waste of time (yours) and a waste of play time (the reed's). I do think...

skeller047 Today, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    JL

Re: Chris Potter Giant Steps in Altissimo

I got that, which is why I mentioned the fact he may have also been demonstrating the problem with overusing altissimo.

Yeah, Grumps, he can definitely move seamlessly in & out of the altissimo...

JL Today, 09:11 PM Go to last post
    JL

Re: Jazz Trio with Sax

For a trio, this would be my preference also, because the organ can cover the role of the bass and a chordal instrument. Keep in mind, especially if you're relatively new to this, that it can be...

JL Today, 09:05 PM Go to last post
    JunkDude

Re: Conn C melody without original mouthpiece ....

As far as I know, the Morgan C-Melody Mouthpiece is the only one on the market specifically designed for C-Melody saxophones. Others out there are mostly just cut down tenor pieces. The Morgan is...

JunkDude Today, 09:05 PM Go to last post
    Pauly

Re: Jazz Trio with Sax

Apparently (according to the liner notes) the pianist didn't turn up for the session which is why they recorded as a trio.

Pauly Today, 09:02 PM Go to last post