Sax on the Web Portal - Matty Bannond

• Matty Bannond

by Published on 02-26-2017 10:55 PM     Number of Views: 3221 
    1. Categories:
    2. Motivational, Inspiration
    Article Preview

Improvising on the saxophone has transformed my life forever. It has awakened me to a completely new level of spirituality Ė hard words for me to type, as a rationalist. Improvisation is a religious revelation. It is meditation, red mist and the soul. Playing music without a plan showed me the full dignity of the human consciousness and the hot power of the mind. It made me question everything that had gone before, and opened up unlimited possibilities for everything that lay ahead. It very nearly never happened. I want to share my story, and my elation, about how it did. Somebody showed me how.

When I was about 11, my parents made me start taking lessons once a week for 30 minutes, together with another kid. Our teacher, a clarinet player, would take us through the required pieces for the next grade exam. They were classical: The melodies felt stiff. I thought the saxophone was the stupidest thing on the planet, and I gave up around four years later. I donít think I played the instrument at home even once.
  • Amazon ad

• Recent Article Comments Widget

AdamGoodlake

Evaluating a Used Saxophone For Purchase (video)

thanks! really helped out Go to last post

AdamGoodlake 02-16-2018 10:16 PM
  • Google ad

• SheetMusicPlus

• Recent Forum Posts

bandmommy

Re: BEWARE! Parent Company of WWBW,Music/Arts and Music123

Why would anyone think that a ligature that barely goes on over the reed is going to stretch enough to fit properly.
    That's like saying the shoes you bought 2 sizes too small are going to stretch...

bandmommy Today, 01:06 AM Go to last post
    Dave Dolson

Re: WTB - Stand for curved soprano

I did a search for curved soprano stands and this came up. I have a related question for everyone . . . what's new in the curved soprano-stand market? I've had a neat little compact stand for my...

Dave Dolson Today, 01:03 AM Go to last post
    Dave Dolson

Re: K&M Soprano stand leg bendable?

I wonder how THAT happened? Did the stand come with your S902? DAVE

Dave Dolson Today, 12:57 AM Go to last post
    withoutasong

Re: FS/FT: Excellent Yanagisawa AWO1

Still available!

withoutasong Today, 12:55 AM Go to last post
    JayePDX

Re: BEWARE! Parent Company of WWBW,Music/Arts and Music123

I am going to slightly disagree with these criticisms: