Sax on the Web Portal - Matty Bannond

• Matty Bannond

by Published on 02-26-2017 10:55 PM     Number of Views: 2699 
    1. Categories:
    2. Motivational, Inspiration
    Article Preview

Improvising on the saxophone has transformed my life forever. It has awakened me to a completely new level of spirituality Ė hard words for me to type, as a rationalist. Improvisation is a religious revelation. It is meditation, red mist and the soul. Playing music without a plan showed me the full dignity of the human consciousness and the hot power of the mind. It made me question everything that had gone before, and opened up unlimited possibilities for everything that lay ahead. It very nearly never happened. I want to share my story, and my elation, about how it did. Somebody showed me how.

When I was about 11, my parents made me start taking lessons once a week for 30 minutes, together with another kid. Our teacher, a clarinet player, would take us through the required pieces for the next grade exam. They were classical: The melodies felt stiff. I thought the saxophone was the stupidest thing on the planet, and I gave up around four years later. I donít think I played the instrument at home even once.
  • Amazon ad

• Recent Article Comments Widget

• Google ad

• SheetMusicPlus

• Recent Forum Posts

10mfan

Re: ****1 day 10MFAN Thanksgiving day sale today only****

Sold:

1, 6

10mfan Yesterday, 11:26 PM Go to last post
    mrpeebee

Re: FS TENOR OTTO LINK STM 7* REFACED to FLORIDA SPECS

Only two main models (you can see the difference the best in the shank size diameter), but in each model slightly different blanks have been used. Also remember that each Link was/is hand finished,...

mrpeebee Yesterday, 11:05 PM Go to last post
    radler

Re: Leak affecting altissimo

Thanks Pete, your advice is spot on.
    Thanks a lot for your help and expertise.

Regards

radler Yesterday, 11:05 PM Go to last post
    reafbop

Re: FS TENOR OTTO LINK STM 7* REFACED to FLORIDA SPECS

Oh , thanks . So the last version is the Improved and has specs closer to the Fla STM. Were there only two versions of the Tone Master's?

reafbop Yesterday, 10:56 PM Go to last post
    B Flat

Re: FS: Rare Mark Spencer .105 tenor sax mouthpiece

Are you keeping the .118 tip?.

B Flat Yesterday, 10:51 PM Go to last post