Sax on the Web Portal - lhoffman

• Amazon ad

• Recent Article Comments Widget

whamptoncourt

GIVING THE LISTENER A BREAK – AVOIDING THE TIGHTROPE OF LISTENER STRESS

Excellent article. I think within this, and what Martin refers to, is the unfortunate tendency for... Go to last post

whamptoncourt 12-09-2017 06:12 PM
    whamptoncourt

My 25 guys - whom to imitate

This is all too familiar and I'm afraid that it just continually leads to more cut and paste style... Go to last post

whamptoncourt 12-09-2017 03:37 AM
    whamptoncourt

Chuck Israels - "An Unpopular Perspective on Jazz Education"

Amen brother! There's no doubt that everyone needs to learn how to use the tools and take in what... Go to last post

whamptoncourt 12-08-2017 09:14 PM
    whamptoncourt

The #1 Thing You Need to Do To Become a Great Improviser

This is a great reply that I'd like to take just a step further. I think we have similar... Go to last post

whamptoncourt 12-08-2017 06:32 PM
  • Google ad

• SheetMusicPlus

• Recent Forum Posts

jazaddict

Re: Why you chose sax

Pretty funny really.

In 4th grade the high schoolers came to the elementary school to demonstrate band instruments. I was COMPLETELY enamored with the Trombone... It was the slide.... Coolest...

jazaddict Today, 03:14 AM Go to last post
    littlewailer

Re: Why does alto sax have so many Bb note options?

I remember having a teacher who made me relearn all my scales using the bis key. Really sucked at the time but I totally get it.

Now I switch back and fourth between the two without even thinking...

littlewailer Today, 03:05 AM Go to last post
    nvilletele

Born in 57, around age 8 in 65 I started seeing myself as a cool cat playing sax and reading beat poetry or whatever. The whole beatnik thing was in the popular culture (think Maynard G. Krebs, et...

nvilletele Today, 02:58 AM Go to last post
    thepoet

My family didn’t appreciate my trumpet playing. The sax just looked so good and The Big Man left me in no doubt about what it was capable of. Then I heard King Curtis....

thepoet Today, 02:42 AM Go to last post
    JL

Re: Why does alto sax have so many Bb note options?

Then you have chosen to ignore the two most useful, by far, fingerings for Bb (bis and side Bb). The bis fingering is especially useful. For me it is absolutely essential in a wide variety of...

JL Today, 02:33 AM Go to last post