your martin

your martin

1. juanm
    juanm
    + on the sound. my dad got my martin because some lady that he did a job for ( front struts on a nissan pulsar from what i recall ) did not have the $$ to pay for the repairs. so she gave him the sax. I was 9 at the time and this sax was beat to hell. its a 1919 handcraft tenor. i just recently overhauled it with white roo pads and replaced some broken springs. it has TERRIBLE ergonomics and plays out of tune on the upper register (I lip fix that) but it has a sound so warm and fuzzy, I prefer it over the MK6 for studio recordings. the sound is just something else.
  2. Harri Rautiainen
    Harri Rautiainen
    juanm,
    I owe a vintage The Martin bari. But before going to it I noticed your remark of Nissan Pulsar.
    I owned such a car while in States. I brought it into Finland when returning back. Nissan Pulsar was never sold in Europe so it was a conversation piece, a sporty look, roof window and such. My son had a high-speed collision with it and the Pulsar was beyound any repair. I was able to convince the insurance company of its rare features. So after thirteen years I got more of it what I paid in 1986 in the States. I just hope the The Martins appreciate as well.
  3. nuendosan
    nuendosan
    Lots of players go for the safe bet: Selmer Mark VI, but truth be told - nothing in this world is perfect and sertainly not a Mark IV, and.... this is something that is very important to me: WHY SOUND like every one else out there?
    Thats why my favorit soprano is a MARTIN
    My favorit Alto is a SML

:-)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
VigLink badge