Sax on the Web Portal - The Front Page

• Amazon ad

• Recent Article Comments Widget

winesax

My 25 guys - whom to imitate

It is nice to have someone like you that thinks like me. I am a vintage sax man who plays a number... Go to last post

winesax 06-20-2018 05:21 PM
    winesax

My 25 guys - whom to imitate

I really liked your enlightened message a lot......I don't think about what I am playing after so... Go to last post

winesax 06-20-2018 05:09 PM
  • Google ad

• SheetMusicPlus

• Recent Forum Posts

Gordon (NZ)

Re: De-lacquering modern horns - does it change the sound?

Hmm. IMO mocking people is not humour. mocking kids is worse. Conning people to mock themselves is just as bad. Just one perspective, from a person who received more than his share of bullying as a...

Gordon (NZ) Today, 10:07 PM Go to last post
    Hipparion

Re: Switching to Closed-Tip Soprano Pieces - Testing Three

Thinking about the Bechet set-up, I remembered Nicolas Trefeil's website : http://www.nicolastrefeil.com/soprano-sax-player-s-setup
    (N. Trefeil being one of the well - if not most - renowned...

Hipparion Today, 09:55 PM Go to last post
    38Conn

Re: Good Experiences with Mouthpiece Refacers/Makers/Sellers

Mark Sepinuck and 10mfan mouthpieces have been amazing to work with. He has such an amazing depth of knowledge about mouthpieces and sound and feel and... on and on. The pieces are unbelievably...

38Conn Today, 09:49 PM Go to last post
    dirty

Re: What is your Vintage Conn Setup?

1950 (340XXX) 10M
    Barone Hollywood 7*
    Rigotti Gold reeds in a 2.5 Medium

I have also spent some time with it on my RPC 115B, but I think the Barone does everything a bit better for me right...

dirty Today, 09:43 PM Go to last post
    brasscane

Re: How to defend sax playing in an apartment building when the neighbors don't like it?

I don't know what you mean by sustained. I do know what you mean by "choices". When it comes to living space, it is an antiquated term for the non-wealthy that will die out with the baby boomer...

brasscane Today, 09:36 PM Go to last post