Sax on the Web Portal - The Front Page

• Amazon ad

• Recent Article Comments Widget

Matty Bannond

Improvisation: A union of mind, body and music

Hello again, brother and sister saxophonists!

I posted a new article this week! It's about how... Go to last post

Matty Bannond 05-20-2017 05:29 PM
  • Google ad

• SheetMusicPlus

• Recent Forum Posts

musekatcher

Re: Tenor Sax for home practice - does it need to be the same as the one in school ...

You can pickup a Series III under 3k in good condition all around - About the right amount for a professional instrument of any kind - brass, string, etc. But, for a student, that's a bit much, so I...

musekatcher Today, 06:58 PM Go to last post
    VSadmin

Re: Cannot get to last page of threads

please either try another browser or clear your cache and cookies after we have confirmed an update. since often times, you'll still be using an old cookie that doesn't include our updated...

VSadmin Today, 06:58 PM Go to last post
    Bucker

Re: Told that I'm too old....

I know a guy nearly 70 years old who plays tenor really beatifull and he started 15 years ago. Enjoy... is the only thing that matters.

Bucker Today, 06:48 PM Go to last post
    JL

Re: Diminished Cookbook

+1. That #IV diminished chord in bar 6 is an effective and fairly commonly used sound. And the Ab diminished tonality over G7 is basically what I was talking about in my last post. However, in...

JL Today, 06:44 PM Go to last post
    Bucker

Re: How do I get a smooth "Desmond" or "Getz" sound?

I think it's more the type of embouchure they used, like a soft subtone for every note, even the high ones. I prefer tenor, but if I could sound as Desmond I would only play alto ;)

Bucker Today, 06:40 PM Go to last post