Sax on the Web Portal - The Front Page

• Amazon ad

• Recent Article Comments Widget

winesax

My 25 guys - whom to imitate

It is nice to have someone like you that thinks like me. I am a vintage sax man who plays a number... Go to last post

winesax Yesterday 05:21 PM
    winesax

My 25 guys - whom to imitate

I really liked your enlightened message a lot......I don't think about what I am playing after so... Go to last post

winesax Yesterday 05:09 PM
  • Google ad

• SheetMusicPlus

• Recent Forum Posts

soybean

Re: Protecting horn theft on gigs

I think you are right. Even here in the US, it's pretty rare to have a sax stolen on the job. I did have one stolen a few years ago when a storage unit was broken into. But that thief was just...

soybean Today, 11:44 PM Go to last post
    Leon Voyles

Re: a different ii V I progression

You are referring to a "Chord Substitution." It is also called the Flat5 Substitution. One correction: The substituted chord is usually Major and 7th.
    In comparing the two chords Dflat7 and G7,...

Leon Voyles Today, 11:41 PM Go to last post
    soybean

Re: Q: How much per hour for lessons?

I also recommend taking lessons from a few different teachers (over time). Each one will give you a different perspective.

soybean Today, 11:41 PM Go to last post
    mrosen

I paid Eric Falcon for a mouthpiece that he never...

I paid Eric Falcon for a mouthpiece that he never delivered. This was about 3 years ago. Seems to be a pattern with him.

mrosen Today, 11:37 PM Go to last post
    patmiller

Re: Protecting horn theft on gigs

Wow! Things must be tough in the US. I'm not saying it doesn't happen here in Australia, but it's rare (except for guitarists I think). In fact in 50+ years of playing in a city of 3-4 million, I...

patmiller Today, 11:24 PM Go to last post