Sax on the Web Portal - Evaluating a Used Saxophone For Purchase (video)

• Evaluating a Used Saxophone For Purchase (video)

Hey guys,

I made this video a week or so ago. I wish I'd thought to visit this section first, as I am sure there are things in the stickies at the top that I could have integrated into it. But anyhow, here it is, hopefully with the visual stuff added this is helpful to use yourself or to link to a friend/student who starts asking questions about buying a horn. Also it was one of my first ever edited videos (typically I just do one long unscripted take, this was from a script and I tried my hand at simple editing) and I screwed up the very first cut, by forgetting to take off the first few seconds! But I've got crap internet and I'm too lazy to re-upload it. So enjoy a few moments of awkwardness before the video starts.

I also copied the script here in case you'd like to read it as well, but I ad-libbed a few things in the video that aren't in the script so watch the video if you can.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Evaluating a Used Saxophone For Purchase (video) started by abadcliche View original post
    Comments 7 Comments
      Harri Rautiainen -
      Excellent stuff, thank you Matt!
      I appreciate you writing it in an article format.
      thepoet -
      Excellent video thanks. Useful and informative and in my case very relevant as I am going through the the process of hopefully purchasing another horn.

ThePoet
      MitchSugginah -
      Thanks for this..very informative!
      danielstark -
      Thanks!! Great video
      duodenalsalmons -
      This is a really useful video - thanks Matt.
      Silvio Martin -
      Matt: excelent information. Congrats.
      Belshoresdan -
      Yes.....I agree with all the above
      And thank you very much
      Don't want to get carried away
      but your pace
      and even your voice is very pleasant

Facebook comments

• Amazon ad

• Google ad

• SheetMusicPlus

• Recent Forum Posts

because

Re: Looking for a 10M Prefer earlier horn, rolled tone holes

I bought my 10M from Dave at Junkdude. I just looked & he has three for sale, two of them seem to to fit your needs. Great people to deal with, I've bought three horns from them. Incredible sax...

because Today, 02:08 PM Go to last post
    VSadmin

Re: Searching “ last started threads” in your profile to find your own adverts

Hello there,

I see that it worked for some people and vice versa. For the people that couldn't get it to work, which browser and device? and did you all clear caches and cookies?
    If you guys can...

VSadmin Today, 01:58 PM Go to last post
    milandro

Re: "FRANKENSTEIN" tenor Mark VI!

Once you add all the missing parts and the work needed to produce a sax that, hopefully, you will sell disclosing the fact that was cobbled up together ( Remember Internet is FOREVER), it will cost...

milandro Today, 01:57 PM Go to last post
    Huesax

Re: Vandoren V16 A7 S+

Note: I removed the link to the Steve Neff site. He reviewed the V16 A7S not the A7S+. Steve I'm sorry, I posted that in error.

This is the latest Vandoren offering, the V16 A7 S+, in "Like New"...

Huesax Today, 01:54 PM Go to last post
    Randy Hunter

Re: Sax Licks, Tips, and Tricks

#18 is what I consider to be a Chromatic Line That All Jazz Musicians Should Know. This is one that works in virtually all styles of music- bop, swing, rock, funk, blues, etc.

Randy...

Randy Hunter Today, 01:54 PM Go to last post