Sax on the Web Portal - Evaluating a Used Saxophone For Purchase (video)

• Evaluating a Used Saxophone For Purchase (video)

Hey guys,

I made this video a week or so ago. I wish I'd thought to visit this section first, as I am sure there are things in the stickies at the top that I could have integrated into it. But anyhow, here it is, hopefully with the visual stuff added this is helpful to use yourself or to link to a friend/student who starts asking questions about buying a horn. Also it was one of my first ever edited videos (typically I just do one long unscripted take, this was from a script and I tried my hand at simple editing) and I screwed up the very first cut, by forgetting to take off the first few seconds! But I've got crap internet and I'm too lazy to re-upload it. So enjoy a few moments of awkwardness before the video starts.

I also copied the script here in case you'd like to read it as well, but I ad-libbed a few things in the video that aren't in the script so watch the video if you can.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Evaluating a Used Saxophone For Purchase (video) started by abadcliche View original post
    Comments 7 Comments
      Harri Rautiainen -
      Excellent stuff, thank you Matt!
      I appreciate you writing it in an article format.
      thepoet -
      Excellent video thanks. Useful and informative and in my case very relevant as I am going through the the process of hopefully purchasing another horn.

ThePoet
      MitchSugginah -
      Thanks for this..very informative!
      danielstark -
      Thanks!! Great video
      duodenalsalmons -
      This is a really useful video - thanks Matt.
      Silvio Martin -
      Matt: excelent information. Congrats.
      Belshoresdan -
      Yes.....I agree with all the above
      And thank you very much
      Don't want to get carried away
      but your pace
      and even your voice is very pleasant

Facebook comments

• Amazon ad

• Google ad

• SheetMusicPlus

• Recent Forum Posts

jthole

Re: Selmer Focus mouthpiece for soprano clarinet - any experiences?

I can give my own opinion now, based on trying two Selmer Focus mouthpieces, with a Vandoren Traditional 3.5 reed. I could not detect any difference between the two, so between them consistency was...

jthole Today, 08:36 PM Go to last post
    perina14

Re: Twenty-Five Great Jazz Soprano Saxophone Performances

I agree with parkerknoll. In the literature I have read, he was looking for an Middle Eastern, oboe - ish sound. Personally, I prefer his soprano solos on Central Park West and particularly on The...

perina14 Today, 08:29 PM Go to last post
    Dr G

Re: Mouthpiece recommendations??

Or buy one like mine - which is NOT for sale. ;)

Of all my sop pieces that have come and gone, the Phil-Tone Sapphire remains. I found the Selmer Super Session J to be quite bright in contrast. ...

Dr G Today, 08:16 PM Go to last post
    Dr G

Re: New sop cases

Whaler: What do you mean by your statement? Is it the user failure issue, or the longevity of the zipper?

Dr G Today, 08:12 PM Go to last post
    Dr G

Re: is Navarro still making mouthpieces?

Did you try contacting him?

Dr G Today, 08:03 PM Go to last post