Sax on the Web Portal - Remembering David Fathead Newman. If I can play like this someday I'll die happy.

• Amazon ad

• Recent Article Comments Widget

winesax

My 25 guys - whom to imitate

It is nice to have someone like you that thinks like me. I am a vintage sax man who plays a number... Go to last post

winesax 06-20-2018 05:21 PM
    winesax

My 25 guys - whom to imitate

I really liked your enlightened message a lot......I don't think about what I am playing after so... Go to last post

winesax 06-20-2018 05:09 PM
  • Google ad

• SheetMusicPlus

• Recent Forum Posts

dirty

Re: What is your Vintage Conn Setup?

1950 (340XXX) 10M
    Barone Hollywood 7*
    Rigotti Gold reeds in a 2.5 Medium

I have also spent some time with it on my RPC 115B, but I think the Barone does everything a bit better for me right...

dirty Today, 09:43 PM Go to last post
    brasscane

Re: How to defend sax playing in an apartment building when the neighbors don't like it?

I don't know what you mean by sustained. I do know what you mean by "choices". When it comes to living space, it is an antiquated term for the non-wealthy that will die out with the baby boomer...

brasscane Today, 09:36 PM Go to last post
    Sigmund451

Re: Selmer Reference 36 - how good is it?

There is just no way a new selmer is worth more than half of that price.
    There are far too many excellent horns to be had for a fraction. And yes a vi is better and cheaper.

Sigmund451 Today, 09:29 PM Go to last post
    SuperAction80

Re: Selmer Reference 36 - how good is it?

I was thinking the same. Every time someone tells me that they want to purchase a new Selmer, because they can't afford a VI, I have to wonder where they're looking to purchase a VI. Our local shop...

SuperAction80 Today, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    Dave Dolson

Re: Switching to Closed-Tip Soprano Pieces - Testing Three

I have never figured out what kind of mouthpiece Bechet used, although I've had a few long-time soprano players tell me various things about Bechet's equipment. One story from a protege of George...

Dave Dolson Today, 09:13 PM Go to last post