Sax on the Web Portal - Guide Book for the Saxophone Teacher

• Guide Book for the Saxophone Teacher

Guide Book for the Saxophone Teacher

This Guide Book for the Saxophone Teacher will provide you with a different approach to teaching music, one that includes the creativity of the student. It is not a method book, but rather a personal description of the decades of experience teaching not only children and youths, but also numerous Master Classes in many parts of the world. The Guide Book (for students aged seven to twenty one) is divided into suggestions for the Beginner, the Intermediate and the Advanced Level and includes examples of age-appropriate exercises and repertoire lists including original saxophone literature, a large section on solving problems, pedagogical suggestions on all the basics and much more.

About the Author

Carina Rascher is a known name in the saxophone world. Her musical activities include five decades of concertizing around the world; as Soloist, with her father Sigurd M. Rascher and with The Rascher Saxophone Quartet. Her teaching experiences include twenty four years at a community music school, numerous Master Classes in Europe, Middle East, Asia and USA, as well as teaching advanced private students and professionals.

The Guide Book is now available on Amazon.

Facebook comments

• Amazon ad

• Recent Article Comments Widget

Matty Bannond

Improvisation: A union of mind, body and music

That is extremely kind of you Ricardo, thank you very much. Your reference to being like "math"... Go to last post

Matty Bannond 04-29-2017 04:14 PM
    Ricardo Moraes

Man... what a great story you tell there. And what a style. This is the first article on... Go to last post

Ricardo Moraes 04-27-2017 05:22 AM
    Matty Bannond

Hi! My page got lots of views that came from this site, which is very kind indeed. It really is... Go to last post

Matty Bannond 04-20-2017 06:57 PM
  • Google ad

• SheetMusicPlus

• Recent Forum Posts

Arshavsky

Re: SOTW new member introductions ~ Jan 2017-

I appreciate being accepted as a new registrant in SOTW, as I'll be taking up the sax after being a "singler" clarinetist for nearly 50 years. My user name is "Arshavsky," which many members may...

Arshavsky Today, 02:11 AM Go to last post
    scrollshank

Re: Meyer Bros NY with strange tip size

LOL. My first job was in a grocery store. There were several jokes played on the rookies:
    -Go to the basement and get a mop (store didn't have a basement)
    -We need you to stay late and shake the...

scrollshank Today, 02:04 AM Go to last post
    EZ

Re: Meyer Bros NY with strange tip size

Probably a joke played on an apprentice working at the shop.

"Hey kid... this one is a 2 3/4 facing - mark it up then go to the tool crib and get a smoke bender and left-handed tap-hammer."

EZ Today, 01:45 AM Go to last post
    scrollshank

Re: King Tenor Piece?

Pictures would help.

scrollshank Today, 01:22 AM Go to last post
    dctwells

Re: FS: Ted Klum London .110 tenor w/ Marc Jean custom lig

Price drop!

$375 plus shipping

dctwells Today, 01:18 AM Go to last post
VigLink badge