• Recent Articles

12-31-1969 11:00 PM Go to last post

• Recent Activity Widget

Josh56,XXX

Rico Royal Metalite Fans!

Thread Starter: Josh56,XXX

Hey all, I had gotten curious about why the metalites had been discontinued so I decided to write someone at Rico with some questions. Suprisingly, I got a rather fast response from them. Here was there response: "Hello Joshua, Thanks for the email. I appreciate the feedback and have...

Last Post By: Saxis 09-20-2017, 04:37 AM Go to last post
    Harri Rautiainen

SOTW new member introductions ~ Jan 2017-

Thread Starter: Harri Rautiainen

Now, turning over a new leaf I'd like to welcome our new members to this community of saxophone players and woodwind aficionados. This thread is for you for introductions and expressing your innermost wishes and desires. SOTW administrators want to thank all members for your support during...

Last Post By: Harry Caul 09-19-2017, 10:52 PM Go to last post
    mrhiatus

never buy a cheap asian horn!!

Thread Starter: mrhiatus

Well I did. And I've posted that it wasn't that bad of a deal. I take that back. I tried to play it today for the 1st time in a few weeks, and several of the keys wouldn't even come close to moving through their range, and I mean not even close. Then I started to wiggle some keys and things,....and...

Last Post By: saxcop 09-19-2017, 01:30 PM Go to last post
    10mfan

Introducing: The brand new 10MFAN "BLACK WIDOW" tenor mouthpiece!

Thread Starter: 10mfan

In the four years that I've had my 10MFAN tenor pieces out, these are the 2 specific requests for pieces that players said they would like to see from me, and this mouthpiece will take care of one of those requests... the 2nd request piece will come out in the next 3 months. So many players...

Last Post By: 10mfan Today, 02:14 AM Go to last post
    Dave Pollack

The (un)official BALLAD Thread!

Thread Starter: Dave Pollack

Now while a lot of people love machine-gun 8th notes ripping over a 300+bpm tune, there's something very personal about ballads. They expose the musician and really draw the listener in to hear what the performer is feeling. I also see a lot of comments on here saying how people nowadays just sound...

Last Post By: mrpeebee Today, 12:28 AM Go to last post
  • Amazon ad

• Google ad

• SheetMusicPlus

• Recent Forum Posts

balmy

Re: Selmer Série 1922 / Modele 22 - an ongoing study

Hi, Sorry, it's a silver finish, no lacquer

balmy Today, 02:43 AM Go to last post
    J.Max

Re: Earliest series 1 Aristocrats

I’ve seen a 269xxx. It was kimd of odd though...it had the NA LH spatula and LH bell keys.

My soprano is a 274xxx with Aristocrat engraving. It might be the latest soprano I’ve ever seen, although...

J.Max Today, 02:41 AM Go to last post
    GT

Re: Houston Person

Yeah, I like Houston as well...I had the opportunity to mix for him at Al Gore's inaugural ball along with Wynton Marsalis and Yo Yo Ma.

GT Today, 02:41 AM Go to last post
    ZootTheSim

Re: Earliest series 1 Aristocrats

Last month, I played a 278XXX Aristocrat tenor at Howarth of London. Bad ergos, didn't like it much. But the 319XXX TH&C they had was a real ugly screamer, fit like a glove and growled like a...

ZootTheSim Today, 02:24 AM Go to last post
    Bubba06

Re: 2 Diminished Lines Based on Major Triads

Third times the charm...

Thanks!

Bubba06 Today, 02:16 AM Go to last post