Sax on the Web Portal - Manufactures

• Categories Widget (top-down)

• Recent Activity Widget

ajcomputers

Whats your Alto Setup?

Thread Starter: ajcomputers

After seeing how popular this thread was in the Tenor section. Why don't we give it a shot here? My alto setup is as follows: Selmer Mark VI Alto Early Babbit Otto Link 6* mouthpiece Francois Louis "Ultimate" ligature and smart cap Runyon Palm Key Risers Vandoren or Rigotti Reeds Oleg...

Last Post By: wrxplayer Yesterday, 01:39 AM Go to last post
    t-duck

What's your day job?

Thread Starter: t-duck

Some other threads have piqued my curiosity...So, what do you do to make grocery money? I've pretty much always worked in 'occupational safety'. For the last couple of years, I've been a workers' comp claims adjuster. I hate it more than half the time, but I do get to hear some hilarious...

Last Post By: MikeM70 Yesterday, 07:20 PM Go to last post
    Harri Rautiainen

SOTW new member introductions ~ Jan 2017-

Thread Starter: Harri Rautiainen

Now, turning over a new leaf I'd like to welcome our new members to this community of saxophone players and woodwind aficionados. This thread is for you for introductions and expressing your innermost wishes and desires. SOTW administrators want to thank all members for your support during...

Last Post By: MikeM70 Yesterday, 10:31 AM Go to last post
    seant

Anyone tried the D'Addario Select Jazz TENOR mouthpiece

Thread Starter: seant

I have the clarinet and alto mouthpieces from D'Addario and I've been really pleased with them - good intonation, even tone over the range of the intrument (especially the clarinet piece). Now I see they have a tenor piece out (since November apparently) but not much information on what it's...

Last Post By: BlownSi05 12-08-2017, 03:54 PM Go to last post
    luispa

Definitive case compatibility chart

Thread Starter: luispa

Hi SOTW fellows, I must to admit I didn't use this subforum in the past. I recently posted here asking about sax/case compatibility. I received a lot of replies but I also did a lot of search here. I realized a lot of post are about this but the information is mixed and not too easy to find (or...

Last Post By: Helen 12-08-2017, 07:49 PM Go to last post