Sax on the Web Portal - Starting and managing a Band

• Starting and managing a Band

I have been dealing with these issues since beginning of this year. Our band Broadway is now established with two first gigs behind us and three or four more coming in next few months.

There is a site called in About.com with all kind of articles on music careers and band management:

How to Start a Band

Quote Originally Posted by Heather McDonald
    You know what they say about the beginning - it's a very good place to start! The first step in getting your group's name up on the marquee is making sure you put together the right team of musicians. Sounds easy, right? Well, remember that if all goes well, your band mates are the people you're going to be spending hours in the rehearsal space and studio with, not to mention hours crammed into the back of van, often sans showers. Then there is that music industry favorite: creative differences. Save yourself the hassle and free up your time to concentrate on the music by starting your band off on the right foot.
    I would like to hear and collect your inputs and ideas of these topics.
    Comments 1 Comment
      Harri Rautiainen -
      Heather is looking into step further:

moving from player/manager into band management as a career:
      http://musicians.about.com/od/musicc...-To-Manage.htm

Facebook comments

• Amazon ad

• Google ad

• SheetMusicPlus

• Recent Forum Posts

Tryptykon

Re: Is Liu Shizhao's "Pearls" a Saxworks Sanborn clone?

In the Paul Butterfield Band era of his career(late 60's), yes - - a Level-Aire .

Tryptykon Today, 03:28 PM Go to last post
    mfry

Re: Mouthpiece that struggles in the upper register

No. On the other hand, if that toolmaker was also a professional saxophone player and knew what measurements where played like what, then ... still no. He would still have to make final adjustments...

mfry Today, 03:26 PM Go to last post
    osloutah

Re: FT/FS: Muramatsu R180

All so true. Thank you for the kind input.

osloutah Today, 03:25 PM Go to last post
    Jerry K.

Re: FS- Selmer mark vii Tenor sax- early model!

No dispespect but I suspect it would take a little longer to create an aestheticly pleasing repair.

Jerry K. Today, 03:24 PM Go to last post
    Leon

Re: Buescher 156 tenor arrival, and question re key heights

I'm getting used to the ergos now, and they aren't bad at all. I'm not certain, however, if I might prefer the Series One Crat. I love the spread tone of tenor saxophone when I hear it (Lovano,...

Leon Today, 03:20 PM Go to last post