Sax on the Web Portal - Starting and managing a Band

• Starting and managing a Band

I have been dealing with these issues since beginning of this year. Our band Broadway is now established with two first gigs behind us and three or four more coming in next few months.

There is a site called in with all kind of articles on music careers and band management:

How to Start a Band

Quote Originally Posted by Heather McDonald
    You know what they say about the beginning - it's a very good place to start! The first step in getting your group's name up on the marquee is making sure you put together the right team of musicians. Sounds easy, right? Well, remember that if all goes well, your band mates are the people you're going to be spending hours in the rehearsal space and studio with, not to mention hours crammed into the back of van, often sans showers. Then there is that music industry favorite: creative differences. Save yourself the hassle and free up your time to concentrate on the music by starting your band off on the right foot.
    I would like to hear and collect your inputs and ideas of these topics.
    Comments 1 Comment
      Harri Rautiainen -
      Heather is looking into step further:

moving from player/manager into band management as a career:

Facebook comments

• Amazon ad

• Recent Article Comments Widget

Matty Bannond

Improvisation: A union of mind, body and music

I write short stories as a hobby, and one has just been published in an online journal. The... Go to last post

Matty Bannond Yesterday 08:24 AM
  • Google ad

• SheetMusicPlus

• Recent Forum Posts

Re: How to dampen clip-on sax mic

I should have given a little more background.

Agreed with mic stand. This is what I do. But my son is young and needs to focus on what he's playing rather than ensuring he doesn't move around too...

Pan66 Today, 02:55 PM Go to last post

flattened table on Otto Link. STM...big improvement

I bought this stm a while ago and I liked the sound but It was a bit reed picky. I could see the table was not flat from start to finish.. Kind of a high heel. So I decided to try and flatten it...

toughtenor Today, 02:52 PM Go to last post

Re: JAZZ JOURNAL.... UK jazz mags.....unique collection

New price ... 200 pounds.

yes, for 700 + magazines.................... grab and bargain !!!

KMR Today, 02:50 PM Go to last post

Re: Stephen Hawking

And that’s just the atmosphere affecting the degree or 2 raising to cause irreparable harm to the ice caps, the raising ocean levels, the profuse overgrowth of jellyfish increasingly in areas which...

Lambros Today, 02:45 PM Go to last post

Re: Diminuendo

Morning Tatum tea-time...

Lambros Today, 02:27 PM Go to last post