• Recent Articles

12-31-1969 11:00 PM Go to last post

• Recent Activity Widget

Josh56,XXX

Rico Royal Metalite Fans!

Thread Starter: Josh56,XXX

Hey all, I had gotten curious about why the metalites had been discontinued so I decided to write someone at Rico with some questions. Suprisingly, I got a rather fast response from them. Here was there response: "Hello Joshua, Thanks for the email. I appreciate the feedback and have...

Last Post By: Saxis Today, 04:37 AM Go to last post
    Harri Rautiainen

SOTW new member introductions ~ Jan 2017-

Thread Starter: Harri Rautiainen

Now, turning over a new leaf I'd like to welcome our new members to this community of saxophone players and woodwind aficionados. This thread is for you for introductions and expressing your innermost wishes and desires. SOTW administrators want to thank all members for your support during...

Last Post By: Harry Caul Yesterday, 10:52 PM Go to last post
    mrhiatus

never buy a cheap asian horn!!

Thread Starter: mrhiatus

Well I did. And I've posted that it wasn't that bad of a deal. I take that back. I tried to play it today for the 1st time in a few weeks, and several of the keys wouldn't even come close to moving through their range, and I mean not even close. Then I started to wiggle some keys and things,....and...

Last Post By: saxcop Yesterday, 01:30 PM Go to last post
    MrGreenLantern

Guidance on my search for the perfect tenor mouthpiece

Thread Starter: MrGreenLantern

Hello! I've been debating whether to ask some questions I have. If some of these things have already been answered in other threads I want to apologize in advance, and if you could direct me there I would greatly appreciate it. I'm mostly just looking for advice. A lot of you have answered...

Last Post By: Dr G 09-18-2017, 02:47 PM Go to last post
    luispa

Definitive case compatibility chart

Thread Starter: luispa

Hi SOTW fellows, I must to admit I didn't use this subforum in the past. I recently posted here asking about sax/case compatibility. I received a lot of replies but I also did a lot of search here. I realized a lot of post are about this but the information is mixed and not too easy to find (or...

Last Post By: Guto 09-18-2017, 07:10 PM Go to last post
  • Amazon ad

• Google ad

• SheetMusicPlus

• Recent Forum Posts

MLucky

Re: Who Has 'Gig-Only' Shoes?

I do not have gig only shoes, but I have gig only shades. Er, wait, actually I also wear those to the supermarket. Never mind.

MLucky Today, 11:26 PM Go to last post
    elguapo

Re: FS: Tenor mouthpieces, Morgan Fry Super Vintage, Mojo Vortex II

Sold, pending payment.

elguapo Today, 11:20 PM Go to last post
    Manitou

Re: Don't Take A Gig In N. Korea

maybe he only kills bad musicians .

reminds me of the ben hur quote "you live to row, row well and live"

Manitou Today, 11:13 PM Go to last post
    alsax63

Re: The 50M Alto....

that's a 14M

alsax63 Today, 11:12 PM Go to last post
    ZootTheSim

Re: Travel instrument for study abroad in Madagascar

I also agree with Pete, none of the other instruments will satisfy like a sax, even if they are more portable. What's your main alto, and what's your sound concept?

ZootTheSim Today, 11:10 PM Go to last post