Viking
  • Getting Gigs

Recently I've started directing a jazz band and now I am in charge of getting us gigs. So my question is: those of you that are band leaders what methods do you use to get gigs for your band?

Do you call the venue? Do you go to the venue with a press kit (promo material and CD)? Do you mail your press kit? Do you use agents? How persistant are you with any particular venue?

Any advice is welcome. I've been playing a long time, but this is the first time I've had the business side of music my responsibility.

BTW, when and where to you use contracts?
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Getting Gigs started by Dragon View original post

Facebook comments

• Amazon ad

• Recent Article Comments Widget

Belshoresdan

Evaluating a Used Saxophone For Purchase (video)

Yes.....I agree with all the above
    And thank you very much
    Don't want to get carried away
    but... Go to last post

Belshoresdan 02-19-2017 06:42 PM
  • Google ad

• SheetMusicPlus

• Recent Forum Posts

Balanced action man

Re: FS Tenor pieces, Klum Handcrafted, Brilhart 5 digit, Freddie Gregory Berg

Klum is gone
    Freddie Gregory Berg 120 now $290
    Brilhart 3 refaced to .095 by Gabriel Vatavu $300
    +$30 worldwide flat rate registered shipping

Balanced action man Today, 06:44 AM Go to last post
    empressdiver

Re: New vs Vintage Horns?

However, by buying new, you will dish out several hundred dollars extra over time. There is a down side - if you buy new and later sell it, you will lose, big time. Better to buy a used horn in good...

empressdiver Today, 06:40 AM Go to last post
    mascio

Re: When the bloom withers or fades...

As often as not, there is nothing to say, or at least nothing worthwhile, that hasn't been said a million times already. So we just keep on keeping on. Blowing the same 12 notes, trying to find an...

mascio Today, 06:39 AM Go to last post
    maddenma

Re: Found Instrument in NYC

It wasn't the lost sax that surprised me. It was the genuine attempt at a return. I can see that happening on a plane, but not at a subway stop with a gazillion people that don't care about you...

maddenma Today, 06:35 AM Go to last post
    crawford

Re: Earphones & Headphones - In Ear Recommendation for Recording and Monitoring a Saxophone

Stay away from the PSM 200 if you can. It's really bottom of the barrel and sounds pretty awful.

crawford Today, 06:33 AM Go to last post
VigLink badge