Viking
  • Getting Gigs

Recently I've started directing a jazz band and now I am in charge of getting us gigs. So my question is: those of you that are band leaders what methods do you use to get gigs for your band?

Do you call the venue? Do you go to the venue with a press kit (promo material and CD)? Do you mail your press kit? Do you use agents? How persistant are you with any particular venue?

Any advice is welcome. I've been playing a long time, but this is the first time I've had the business side of music my responsibility.

BTW, when and where to you use contracts?
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Getting Gigs started by Dragon View original post

Facebook comments

• Amazon ad

• Recent Article Comments Widget

BrianMitchellBrody

My 25 guys - whom to imitate

Why Imitate? Go to last post

BrianMitchellBrody 01-15-2017 02:33 PM
    BsaxC1

The #1 Thing You Need to Do To Become a Great Improviser

The biggest thing I got from this is spending hours practicing with records. Okay I've been... Go to last post

BsaxC1 01-09-2017 10:04 PM
  • Google ad

• SheetMusicPlus

• Recent Forum Posts

Keith Ridenhour

Re: Your tips for working with a teacher?

exactly , K

Keith Ridenhour Today, 07:12 PM Go to last post
    JayePDX

Re: It's a New World

Yup. Don't get roped in by the 'intermediate' label. It's marketing a lot of the time.

You are experienced enough to know what feels and responds well for you (the OP, am referring to). So you can...

JayePDX Today, 07:10 PM Go to last post
    Keith Ridenhour

Re: 2 metal alto mouthpieces bellite 5 and yanagisawa 7

its sounds nice, JD. I ve tried metal pieces and I seem to always go back to hard rubber. Good luck K

Keith Ridenhour Today, 07:10 PM Go to last post
    Keith Ridenhour

Re: Lead Alto Mouthpiece

Dr G. Its easier on the back. i switched a couple of years ago and still gig as much as ever. Most people think a sax is a sax. I would add the Jumbo Javas into lead alto playing. nice cut. K

Keith Ridenhour Today, 07:08 PM Go to last post
    Dr G

Re: Please help! something's eating my saxophones!

Sorry to spray science in the conversation, but drying time will be very much dependent on the relative humidity. For anything to dry out, there has to be a diffusion gradient from the instrument to...

Dr G Today, 07:08 PM Go to last post
VigLink badge