Sax on the Web Portal - Getting Gigs
Viking Instruments
Hyson Music
  • Getting Gigs

Recently I've started directing a jazz band and now I am in charge of getting us gigs. So my question is: those of you that are band leaders what methods do you use to get gigs for your band?

Do you call the venue? Do you go to the venue with a press kit (promo material and CD)? Do you mail your press kit? Do you use agents? How persistant are you with any particular venue?

Any advice is welcome. I've been playing a long time, but this is the first time I've had the business side of music my responsibility.

BTW, when and where to you use contracts?
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Getting Gigs started by Dragon View original post

Facebook comments

• Amazon ad

• Google ad

• SheetMusicPlus

• Recent Forum Posts

SuperAction80

Re: Neck for Yamaha YAS-62 III

I'm going to take a guess that the octave key on the neck isn't functioning as it should be. Octave A and G is where both of the octave vents (on the neck and body tube) switch positions from open to...

SuperAction80 Today, 04:41 AM Go to last post
    Ken

Re: New Conn 6M - When eBay goes horribly well

Nice engraving. I like it how the naked ladies look different on every horn.

I also got a 6M off Ebay, a VIII (278XXX) late last year, lacquer pretty much intact and only some minor fixes needed....

Ken Today, 04:36 AM Go to last post
    Dave Dolson

Re: 1923-1924 Beucher True Tone Alto

I don't know about series. All I know is that the later models had a roller G#. The one in the CL photo had a button G#, so it is the earlier model. Also, it looked to me like it had snap-in pads....

Dave Dolson Today, 04:32 AM Go to last post
    Dave Dolson

Re: Yani S-901 2nd generation?

At one time I had an S901 and an S992. Except for the brass/bronze material and the fixed/dual-neck issues, both were exactly the same as I held them next to each other. That included the way the...

Dave Dolson Today, 04:24 AM Go to last post
    Mike T

Re: SML Revision D Permagold tenor saxophone

"Doesn't post to Australia."

Mike T Today, 04:24 AM Go to last post
VigLink badge