Sax on the Web Portal - Getting Gigs

• Getting Gigs

Recently I've started directing a jazz band and now I am in charge of getting us gigs. So my question is: those of you that are band leaders what methods do you use to get gigs for your band?

Do you call the venue? Do you go to the venue with a press kit (promo material and CD)? Do you mail your press kit? Do you use agents? How persistant are you with any particular venue?

Any advice is welcome. I've been playing a long time, but this is the first time I've had the business side of music my responsibility.

BTW, when and where to you use contracts?
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Getting Gigs started by Dragon View original post

Facebook comments

• Amazon ad

• Google ad

• SheetMusicPlus

• Recent Forum Posts

Nefertiti

Re: Another Swingin' Cherokee Transcription-Jason Fabus on Alto Sax

I did Dave! That is only available to Platinum member's of my site who pay the monthly fee of 1200/month for the "real" content. i can't just give away something like that or it would turn the jazz...

Nefertiti Today, 08:44 PM Go to last post
    hoefnix

Re: sax alto Romeo Orsi Perfectum with very strange key mechanism, rolled tone holes and microtuner

There is even a complete description of the "delle piane" system. Double row piano keys.

This link opens a PDF...

hoefnix Today, 08:42 PM Go to last post
    Mrblackbat

Yeah I hear you! I'm less familiar with the...

Yeah I hear you! I'm less familiar with the chords in Eb than Bb, so definitely need to get more comfortable with the chromatic nature of the sequence. I should have some time tomorrow to try and do...

Mrblackbat Today, 08:40 PM Go to last post
    Merlin

Re: Finding Paul Coats Quartet Arrangements

Paul is on FB; maybe contact him there?

Merlin Today, 08:39 PM Go to last post
    Randy Hunter

Re: Sax Licks, Tips, and Tricks

Yes there is. And I think it's notable that the minor 3 is the root of the relative major, which gives the major 6 on the minor chord a similar tension to the #11 on a major chord.

Randy Hunter Today, 08:35 PM Go to last post