Sax on the Web Portal - Getting Gigs

• Getting Gigs

Recently I've started directing a jazz band and now I am in charge of getting us gigs. So my question is: those of you that are band leaders what methods do you use to get gigs for your band?

Do you call the venue? Do you go to the venue with a press kit (promo material and CD)? Do you mail your press kit? Do you use agents? How persistant are you with any particular venue?

Any advice is welcome. I've been playing a long time, but this is the first time I've had the business side of music my responsibility.

BTW, when and where to you use contracts?
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Getting Gigs started by Dragon View original post

Facebook comments

• Amazon ad

• Google ad

• SheetMusicPlus

• Recent Forum Posts

Dana in Philly

Re: New sop cases

You gotta have a rule: if it's in the case and not latched/zipped, the case MUST be left open -- as a visual signal not to pick it up.

Dana in Philly Today, 10:12 PM Go to last post
    jmathesonjr

Are Reeds just plain bad?

This afternoon, I have been trying to find a reed that will not warp while I play. I have four types of Vandoren Reeds in my case and three types and strengths of Rico Select reeds in my case. I...

jmathesonjr Today, 10:12 PM Go to last post
    parkerknoll

Re: ProOne Soprano?

Replying to myself, I did today and you can read about it here:

https://forum.saxontheweb.net/showthread.php?263481-Has-anyone-here-actually-played-the-Antigua-Pro-One-sop

parkerknoll Today, 09:59 PM Go to last post
    parkerknoll

Re: New sop cases

I found one for alto but you'd better have 750 handy

parkerknoll Today, 09:40 PM Go to last post
    10mfan

Re: Introducing: The brand new 10MFAN "BLACK WIDOW" tenor mouthpiece!

Email received from Bob Jones today about the Black Widow mpc:

"Mark. The mp arrived this afternoon. My first reaction is that it is just amazing. Top to bottom, free blowing, a range of timbres...

10mfan Today, 09:37 PM Go to last post