Sax on the Web Portal - Getting Gigs

• Getting Gigs

Recently I've started directing a jazz band and now I am in charge of getting us gigs. So my question is: those of you that are band leaders what methods do you use to get gigs for your band?

Do you call the venue? Do you go to the venue with a press kit (promo material and CD)? Do you mail your press kit? Do you use agents? How persistant are you with any particular venue?

Any advice is welcome. I've been playing a long time, but this is the first time I've had the business side of music my responsibility.

BTW, when and where to you use contracts?
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Getting Gigs started by Dragon View original post

Facebook comments

• Amazon ad

• Google ad

• SheetMusicPlus

• Recent Forum Posts

Jorns Bergenson

Re: Searching “ last started threads” in your profile to find your own adverts

Any progress on this issue? Something must be seriously broken since the issue was reported over a month ago and the technicians have been reportedly working on it for over 3 weeks. :-(

Jorns Bergenson Today, 03:01 PM Go to last post
    tonosax

Re: selmer mark vi 85xxx tenor

well the horn was well played but also someone took great care of it, but it wasn't a "closet queen"

tonosax Today, 02:58 PM Go to last post
    TurtleJimmy

Re: People leaving.

+1

Turtle

TurtleJimmy Today, 02:57 PM Go to last post
    click

Re: Beginner soprano sax player looking for a warmer sound.

Mouthpiece Suggestions to replace current soprano mouthpiece:

For a complex rich sound: http://forum.saxontheweb.net/showthread.php?t=109656
    For ballads:...

click Today, 02:55 PM Go to last post
    Sigmund451

Re: People leaving.

There is always the block post option. Younthen have to be deciplined enough not to manually open them. When you have a group of people you will always have drama...there is no changing that.

Sigmund451 Today, 02:51 PM Go to last post