Sax on the Web Portal - Getting Gigs

• Getting Gigs

Recently I've started directing a jazz band and now I am in charge of getting us gigs. So my question is: those of you that are band leaders what methods do you use to get gigs for your band?

Do you call the venue? Do you go to the venue with a press kit (promo material and CD)? Do you mail your press kit? Do you use agents? How persistant are you with any particular venue?

Any advice is welcome. I've been playing a long time, but this is the first time I've had the business side of music my responsibility.

BTW, when and where to you use contracts?
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Getting Gigs started by Dragon View original post

Facebook comments

• Amazon ad

• Recent Article Comments Widget

whamptoncourt

Re: Jazz is Dying Out

The question has got to be asked: Are you being specific about one style of jazz such as... Go to last post

whamptoncourt Yesterday 11:56 PM
    etop8222

Improvisation: A union of mind, body and music

It's after midnight here and I wish it was earlier. Tomorrow I will tell you my story from the... Go to last post

etop8222 04-20-2018 04:26 AM
    kasuri

Guide Book for the Saxophone Teacher

Saxophone is used in classical music. I like this music. Saxophone was created by Adolphe Sax in... Go to last post

kasuri 04-16-2018 08:42 AM
  • Google ad

• SheetMusicPlus

• Recent Forum Posts

robbieg

Re: Loudest bari mouthpiece?

Florida State is like over 450
    Notre Dame and Michigan I think are 400
    Penn State is maybe 350, might be a bit less
    Clemson is around 350
    Michigan State, Virginia and Virginia Tech I think might...

robbieg Today, 11:47 AM Go to last post
    flutedog

Re: Which Yanagisawa Tenor do you own and why?

The Yanni 901 would have to be the lightest tenor made but the tone is great and key work super light with good intonation

flutedog Today, 11:47 AM Go to last post
    flutedog

Re: Which Yanagisawa Tenor do you own and why?

I have just traded my 1929 Conn chu Berry for a yanni901 and should have done it years ago the Conn was hard on the hands the Yanni sings and no body knew I had changed saxes

flutedog Today, 11:44 AM Go to last post
    Sivari

Re: What is your Vintage Conn Setup?

I have a 1923 New Wonder silver with (fainted) gold bell that I play with a no usa Florida Otto Link 9* and Orange Rico's number 2 1/2 that I clip a bit.
    I also have 1936 Conn.
    Both tenors

Sivari Today, 11:41 AM Go to last post
    Sivari

Re: New Wonder

I'm not showing the cork but the low C# modification

Sivari Today, 11:32 AM Go to last post