Viking
  • Jazz and Accounting

Alan Greenspan was a saxophone player and played in Jack Teagarden's orchestra ......too bad that next to him a good friend of his, Stan Getz who, despite Alan's virtues and efforts, outplayed Greenspan, so eventually he decided to take to business rather than music.

The world lost a saxophone player and gained a guy who..........did what he did (we can't talk politics here !)

Anway, the bank crisis was Stan Gets's fault! Had he not being in the same orchestra maybe Greenspan would have played the saxophone rather than the financial markets.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Jazz and Accounting started by derickmont View original post
    Comments 3 Comments
      David Clabaugh -
      My Grandfather also took up accounting after missing his big chance, he played for the Carlos Molinas Orchestra, at the Latin Quarter which had four spots, New york, Miami, Las Vegas and Los Angeles. They would tour between all four, and while they were in LA, they were asked to be the backing band for Carmen Miranda's films. Unfortunately a war had just started and my grandfather was drafted, losing his spot. Upon returning to Milwaukee, he found he was ineligible for service and promptly became an accountant, cutting a few 78's in Chicago and teaching privately on the side. Moral of the story, Politica and Sax don't mix for the most part.
      DylanT -
      Kenny G majored in Accounting. Also, a friend of mine, and great guitar player, currently majors in Accounting.
      The Daddymac -
      Slightly off track, but Josh Redman was accepted to Yale law before deciding to focus on music. His bio on Wikipedia makes for interesting reading.

Facebook comments

• Amazon ad

• Recent Article Comments Widget

• Google ad

• SheetMusicPlus

• Recent Forum Posts

Andrea

Re: FS: Alto & Tenor Mpcs (Otto Link Slant, Meyer EB, Morgan E, Ted Klum )

update

ALTO

Ted Klum Versitone acoustimer 6 77 tip opening serial 1073 - 180USD

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mlavtp4rd...ZKImJ9uNa?dl=0

Morgan Excalibur 7 vintage Ralph Morgan production...

Andrea Today, 11:39 AM Go to last post
    Pete Thomas

Re: Embouchure endurance

By doing exactly this -play a bit then rest a bit.

It's also good to do stuff away from the saxophoe, breathing exercises, aural development, music theory. It's all good.

Pete Thomas Today, 11:38 AM Go to last post
    DavisConnArtist

Re: Is this a Malerne?

The squarish brass pieces in the bracing often indicate Malerne.

DavisConnArtist Today, 11:37 AM Go to last post
    Pete Thomas

Re: Sure-fire low tone production! Secret revealed!

This is a very good thing to do, other exercises are different - it's not possible to say what is better in many cases as it's good to do a variety of tone exercise. Otherwise you can build up only...

Pete Thomas Today, 11:35 AM Go to last post
    DreamyAmateur

Re: Embouchure endurance

Dear Sparrow
    I had exactly the same experience when I bought my first saxophone 36 years ago. I kept on for a long time though... until I finally gave up. The sax was placed at a shelf along with...

DreamyAmateur Today, 11:27 AM Go to last post
VigLink badge