Sax on the Web Portal - Re: Jazz and Accounting

• Jazz and Accounting

Alan Greenspan was a saxophone player and played in Jack Teagarden's orchestra ......too bad that next to him a good friend of his, Stan Getz who, despite Alan's virtues and efforts, outplayed Greenspan, so eventually he decided to take to business rather than music.

The world lost a saxophone player and gained a guy who..........did what he did (we can't talk politics here !)

Anway, the bank crisis was Stan Gets's fault! Had he not being in the same orchestra maybe Greenspan would have played the saxophone rather than the financial markets.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Jazz and Accounting started by derickmont View original post
    Comments 3 Comments
      David Clabaugh -
      My Grandfather also took up accounting after missing his big chance, he played for the Carlos Molinas Orchestra, at the Latin Quarter which had four spots, New york, Miami, Las Vegas and Los Angeles. They would tour between all four, and while they were in LA, they were asked to be the backing band for Carmen Miranda's films. Unfortunately a war had just started and my grandfather was drafted, losing his spot. Upon returning to Milwaukee, he found he was ineligible for service and promptly became an accountant, cutting a few 78's in Chicago and teaching privately on the side. Moral of the story, Politica and Sax don't mix for the most part.
      DylanT -
      Kenny G majored in Accounting. Also, a friend of mine, and great guitar player, currently majors in Accounting.
      The Daddymac -
      Slightly off track, but Josh Redman was accepted to Yale law before deciding to focus on music. His bio on Wikipedia makes for interesting reading.

Facebook comments

• Amazon ad

• Google ad

• SheetMusicPlus

• Recent Forum Posts

bruce bailey

Re: Relacquering reconsidered

If it is done well (no machine buffing) I am OK with it. Yes, the horn will be worth less IF you sell it but if you want it to look nice and have it done correctly, go for it. I would figure...

bruce bailey Today, 05:00 AM Go to last post
    cymru97

Hmm... Iím going to fish that thing out when I...

Hmm... Iím going to fish that thing out when I get a chance and slap it on my tenor. Itís been ages since Iíve messed with it and I vaguely recall it being very loose on a tenor neck, but that may...

cymru97 Today, 04:57 AM Go to last post
    bruce bailey

Re: Marks on Alto Neck?

It appears to be where the neck cork was sanded and some of the grit on the sandpaper rubbed on the finish.

bruce bailey Today, 04:56 AM Go to last post
    Manitou

Re: Forestone White Bamboo reeds: First impressions

fwiw, i play a 2 or 2.25 on legere signature and a medium hinoki or black bamboo - tenor.

Manitou Today, 04:56 AM Go to last post
    Manitou

Re: Forestone White Bamboo reeds: First impressions

the same site that carries the patches also has the white bamboo

the site is really slow

https://www.thewedgedistribution.com/product-page/forestone-white-bamboo-synthetic-reed

Manitou Today, 04:49 AM Go to last post