Sax on the Web Portal - Re: Jazz and Accounting

• Jazz and Accounting

Alan Greenspan was a saxophone player and played in Jack Teagarden's orchestra ......too bad that next to him a good friend of his, Stan Getz who, despite Alan's virtues and efforts, outplayed Greenspan, so eventually he decided to take to business rather than music.

The world lost a saxophone player and gained a guy who..........did what he did (we can't talk politics here !)

Anway, the bank crisis was Stan Gets's fault! Had he not being in the same orchestra maybe Greenspan would have played the saxophone rather than the financial markets.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Jazz and Accounting started by derickmont View original post
    Comments 3 Comments
      David Clabaugh -
      My Grandfather also took up accounting after missing his big chance, he played for the Carlos Molinas Orchestra, at the Latin Quarter which had four spots, New york, Miami, Las Vegas and Los Angeles. They would tour between all four, and while they were in LA, they were asked to be the backing band for Carmen Miranda's films. Unfortunately a war had just started and my grandfather was drafted, losing his spot. Upon returning to Milwaukee, he found he was ineligible for service and promptly became an accountant, cutting a few 78's in Chicago and teaching privately on the side. Moral of the story, Politica and Sax don't mix for the most part.
      DylanT -
      Kenny G majored in Accounting. Also, a friend of mine, and great guitar player, currently majors in Accounting.
      The Daddymac -
      Slightly off track, but Josh Redman was accepted to Yale law before deciding to focus on music. His bio on Wikipedia makes for interesting reading.

Facebook comments

• Amazon ad

• Recent Article Comments Widget

Matty Bannond

Improvisation: A union of mind, body and music

Hello again, brother and sister saxophonists!

I posted a new article this week! It's about how... Go to last post

Matty Bannond 05-20-2017 05:29 PM
  • Google ad

• SheetMusicPlus

• Recent Forum Posts

10mfan

Re: 16 mouthpieces for sale---all $199 or less!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sold:

1, 7, 12, 13, 14, 16

10mfan Today, 07:33 AM Go to last post
    kymarto

Re: Emmanuel Pahud's sound in the low range

With all due respect to Bruce Bailey and the players here, it is quite clear that material makes NO difference to the sound of the flute, or the saxophone, although that is not true for brass...

kymarto Today, 07:31 AM Go to last post
    adamk

Re: Condenser mic vs dynamic?

Try the closet full of clothes if you want a "no room effect" practice.

adamk Today, 07:25 AM Go to last post
    10mfan

3 BRAND NEW 10MFAN Robusto hard rubber 7, 7*, 7* Mpcs

These 3 were just completed and are available today with no wait period.
    They can be shipped on Tuesday when the post office reopens.

1. Robusto 7

2. Robusto 7*

3. Robusto 7*

10mfan Today, 07:24 AM Go to last post
    DoubleReed

How crucial is the high F# key?

Dear all,

I am new here. I am a woodwind teacher who is looking to add the alto saxophone to the list of instruments I play. I have been browsing this site for information on mouthpieces and...

DoubleReed Today, 06:57 AM Go to last post