Sax on the Web Portal - Podcast Episode on playing over the 'A' sections in Caravan

• Amazon ad

• Recent Article Comments Widget

Matty Bannond

Improvisation: A union of mind, body and music

Hello again, brother and sister saxophonists!

I posted a new article this week! It's about how... Go to last post

Matty Bannond 05-20-2017 05:29 PM
  • Google ad

• SheetMusicPlus

• Recent Forum Posts

Dark Overlord

Re: Antigua Winds SS4290 vs Yamaha YSS475, first soprano

first off thanks to everyone for helping, greatly appreciated and I am grateful for the continued feedback.

Jazzsax01, yes she is in a performing arts program at our regional high school and...

Dark Overlord Today, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Sigmund451

Re: Mouthpiece Cafe Take 5 Alto mpc Feedback?

If you are chasing the Desmond sound I offer trials on the Solistice.

thanks!

as for some of the other pieces with no recordings...Ive just gotten back in the country. I have things to catch...

Sigmund451 Today, 05:07 PM Go to last post
    ericdano

Re: Million Dollar Idea (this is not an ad)

No, what we need is a fake book of 200+ short Pop and Rock song books. Or horn arrangement book for popular songs.

I've yet to ever play in "pickup band" nor do any of the professionals I know in...

ericdano Today, 05:07 PM Go to last post
    craigmultireedguy

Re: Is flutter-tonguing in the back of your throat just a different term for growling?

I haven't tried it yet, but for some reason that technique seems like it would be excessively clumsy and cumbersome to me.

craigmultireedguy Today, 05:06 PM Go to last post
    Pete Thomas

Re: 1921 True Tone Bari. Does it look like an original gold plate?

I believe the mechanism that closes G# when F# is closed (or F,E,D) is the articulated G# (invented quite a while before the 20s). Without it you cannot easily trill or alternate F# to G# because...

Pete Thomas Today, 05:04 PM Go to last post