Sax on the Web Portal - Podcast Episode on playing over the 'A' sections in Caravan

• Amazon ad

• Google ad

• SheetMusicPlus

• Recent Forum Posts

Sigmund451

Re: Tenor Reed on Alto Mouthpiece

On the whole I think this is like playing different necks on horns. It's really nifty at first but the majority of the time players go back stock. But it certainly hurts no one so party on

Sigmund451 Today, 04:47 AM Go to last post
    maddenma

Re: Buescher True Tone

The one thing you may have pointed out earlier, Grumps (and I'm too lazy to go back to re-read, but isn't coming through at the moment), is that you're using an "01" neck from a later instrument (an...

maddenma Today, 04:46 AM Go to last post
    maddenma

Re: Buescher True Tone

The one thing you may have pointed out earlier, Grumps, but isn't coming through at the moment, is that you're using an "01" neck from a later instrument (an Aristocrat) on yours. This does give you...

maddenma Today, 04:44 AM Go to last post
    swperry1

The heart of the reed isn't in the window, so you only get the tip vibrating. I did it for a while (works fine for Jeff Coffin and he talked me into it at a clinic...), but you have to test for...

swperry1 Today, 04:41 AM Go to last post
    Sigmund451

I would think a softer alt reed would more closely approximate a tenor reed since you are using the softer parts of the tenor reed

Sigmund451 Today, 04:03 AM Go to last post