Sax on the Web Portal - The Front Page

• Amazon ad

• Recent Article Comments Widget

winesax

My 25 guys - whom to imitate

It is nice to have someone like you that thinks like me. I am a vintage sax man who plays a number... Go to last post

winesax Yesterday 05:21 PM
    winesax

My 25 guys - whom to imitate

I really liked your enlightened message a lot......I don't think about what I am playing after so... Go to last post

winesax Yesterday 05:09 PM
  • Google ad

• SheetMusicPlus

• Recent Forum Posts

jgreiner

Re: Do repaired dents matter?

Personally, there's absolutely NO way I'd spend $5500 on that horn. The neck looks all sorts of rippled-up and the bow is still out of round/flat in spots. To get those areas fixed, you'd need to...

jgreiner Today, 05:27 PM Go to last post
    Fader

Re: Protecting horn theft on gigs

I too case my instruments immediately after a gig. I carry them off stage and into a "safe zone" where I give them a quick wipe and get packed up.

When a sound company or our own road crew go to...

Fader Today, 05:26 PM Go to last post
    dlrsax

Re: What setup should I have to produce bright and warm tone?

I wouldn't recommend a Dukoff as a starter mouthpiece, but since you have it coming ...
    It's going to be bright, so the best way to warm it up is to use a reed with a cut that will produce a darker...

dlrsax Today, 05:25 PM Go to last post
    Mark R

Re: *Phil-Tone ALTO Intrepid Reviews*

I just received the mouthpiece last night and below is the email I wrote to Phil. I will post with a bit more depth after playing the piece some more. Played on my Just Saxes Crescent II alto...

Mark R Today, 05:22 PM Go to last post
    CliffK

Re: Jazz Trio with Sax

As was mentioned, Sonny Rollins, A Night At The Village Vanguard. This is classic. Also listen to Joe Hendersons The State of the Tenor, Vols. 1 & 2. Also recorded at the Village Vanguard. Both...

CliffK Today, 05:21 PM Go to last post