Sax on the Web Portal - The Front Page

• Amazon ad

• Recent Article Comments Widget

etop8222

Improvisation: A union of mind, body and music

It's after midnight here and I wish it was earlier. Tomorrow I will tell you my story from the... Go to last post

etop8222 Yesterday 04:26 AM
    kasuri

Guide Book for the Saxophone Teacher

Saxophone is used in classical music. I like this music. Saxophone was created by Adolphe Sax in... Go to last post

kasuri 04-16-2018 08:42 AM
  • Google ad

• SheetMusicPlus

• Recent Forum Posts

robbieg

Re: eBay "buyers" tying up listing then cancelling?

I'm stuck because I had a guy do a best offer on a sax I was selling. Then the guy had issues with paying. Now I've been tied up in conflict resolution with eBay for the last week+, before they...

robbieg Today, 01:42 AM Go to last post
    turf3

Re: Is the MKVI considered a vintage sax?

In the end, it's all semantics, isn't it? Frankly I think more precise terms ought to be used.

That said, there is an implication in the word "vintage" of "old, and of high quality". Certainly a...

turf3 Today, 01:34 AM Go to last post
    FawltyTenor

Re: As you play more and more, is it natural to want a more open mouthpiece?

Just chiming to agree with others saying there are no hard and fast rules about this stuff. It all comes down to personal preference/comfort, etc. I played things more closed, more open, and ended up...

FawltyTenor Today, 01:31 AM Go to last post
    Billy Baggins

Re: In search of the "missing cone"

Maybe. I find the fact that it only accounts for volume and not position of the apex along the axis problematic.

Besides, at the end of the day, you slap a reed on whatever piece and neck combo...

Billy Baggins Today, 01:25 AM Go to last post
    Bozman

Re: Vandoren Jazz Tenor Mouthpieces

The Jumbo Java is on the extreme side as far as brightness. Better suited for rock or funk. The Java or V16 may be better to try first.

Bozman Today, 01:16 AM Go to last post