Baird Parker, son of Charlie Parker. [Archive] - Sax on the Web Forum

View Full Version : Baird Parker, son of Charlie Parker.

SAXISMYAXE
03-31-2014, 03:36 AM
We received this sad news via email today:

Just want to let the forum know that Baird Parker, son of Charlie Parker and Chan
Richardson Parker Woods died on March 23 at Lansdale Hospital in suburban
Philadelphia. He was 61 years old and the cause of death was kidney, liver and
respiratory system failure. He was the last surviving child of Bird and sole
recipient of Royalties acquired by the music of Charlie Parker.

dogster
03-31-2014, 04:33 AM
oh so sad :(

Raphyel
03-31-2014, 04:39 AM
It's sad.. but what can u do the best of the best go...its life and nature.

tinpalaceroach
03-31-2014, 06:06 AM
RIP LITTLE BIRD. may brighter moments be there for you.

daigle65
03-31-2014, 12:57 PM
RIP

I tried googling his name to see what he looked like and to find out more about him, but not much info out there (oddly enough, Baird-Parker is the name of some type of gelatin used in petri dishes ????).

Does anyone have any info? Did he play? Does he have any children?

Isle of Jazz
03-31-2014, 03:02 PM
"Laird Baird" RIP

Tryptykon
03-31-2014, 03:21 PM
RIP

I tried googling his name to see what he looked like and to find out more about him, but not much info out there (oddly enough, Baird-Parker is the name of some type of gelatin used in petri dishes ????).

Does anyone have any info? Did he play? Does he have any children?

Baird played guitar and was running a recording studio with a friend in Pennsylvania for some years .

Of photos I've seen of him he looked like a 50/50 split of Chan and Bird I could see both of there features in his face.

Kim Parker had on her website a photo of Baird, but the photo was removed later - when I saw it he looked a LOT like Bird in that particular
photo, albeit lighter complexioned and he had a beard.

Sadly, he's also had substance abuse problems which have lead ultimately to his relatively early passing.

Jayn
03-31-2014, 03:26 PM
Here (http://articles.philly.com/2014-03-30/news/48708502_1_jazz-funeral-plans-julie-ann) is one obituary. A man of few photos it seems... Rest In Peace.

daigle65
03-31-2014, 04:09 PM
Baird played guitar and was running a recording studio with a friend in Pennsylvania for some years .

Of photos I've seen of him he looked like a 50/50 split of Chan and Bird I could see both of there features in his face.

Kim Parker had on her website a photo of Baird, but the photo was removed later - when I saw it he looked a LOT like Bird in that particular
photo, albeit lighter complexioned and he had a beard.

Sadly, he's also had substance abuse problems which have lead ultimately to his relatively early passing.

Here (http://articles.philly.com/2014-03-30/news/48708502_1_jazz-funeral-plans-julie-ann) is one obituary. A man of few photos it seems... Rest In Peace.

Thank you.

Rackety Sax
03-31-2014, 06:33 PM
Sorry to hear it. If I knew, I had forgotten that Baird's full name was actually Charles Baird Parker.

I wonder if "Laird Baird" is a play on "bear's lair". If so, leave it to Bird to come up with that.

andreates
11-08-2014, 05:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaZ9hrwbkYQ&list=UU5Jo0RGcRhxfylLjHYJDIFQ