Sax on the Web Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-7 of 8 Results
  1. SOTW Member Recordings & Reviews
    This loosely a blues progression that has 2 keys layered on the 12 bars. The second section modulates down a half step. I playing my SBA tenor and my STM Florida Otto Link and a Roberto's Winds reed
  2. YouTube videos
    I saw an ad on craigslist a few years back and a guy gave me about 800 jazz 78's for free. This is one of them. I like hearing it in it's original form.
  3. Recordings, Movies
    Checkout this rare video of Hawk and Bird playing together.
  4. General Discussion
    He plays a Coleman Hawkins Special tenor http://www.saxpics.com/?v=gal&a=6 V
  5. Brand Name Players ...
    Houston Person is coming to Buffalo at the end of October, and I've been asked to have a pre-concert "conversation" (the gig's at an art gallery, so they do this sort of thing) about where HP fits into the "Boss Tenor" tradition. Which has gotten me thinking about The Jazz Tenor in general --...
  6. Sheet Music & Transcriptions
    Dear musicians, don't know, if it is the right place of the forum for my question: Pls, I'm searching 2 small tunes of the old swing-aera: 1. Coleman Hawkins - "Bean and the Boys" - a head over a tune by S. Romberg - "Lover come back to me" 2. Coleman Hawkins - or Ben Webster - "De-Dar" a...
  7. Jazz and Improvisation
    Has anyone successfully worked thru the Hal Leonard book of Coleman Hawkins solos as transcribed by Timo Shanko? I spent a fair amt of time on the "Body & Soul" transcription (as well as some others) last year using the wonderful free program "Best Practice" to loop & slow down Bean's...
1-7 of 8 Results