Sax on the Web Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-7 of 9 Results
  1. Bb Tenor
    I am owner of a Tenor Selmer Mark 7 serial M 280XXX and I would like to have the sound of a Tenor Mark 6 . What brand of Neck can I buy to get that kind of sound ( as close as it can be ..! ) I appreciate your opinions and experiences… Many thanks in advance …
  2. Tenor mpc
    I have a Mark VII tenor that I've owned for about 15 years, and I have been unable to find a mouthpiece to help darken the tone on this horn (especially in the upper range). Does anyone have any recommendations or pieces that have worked for you? Thanks, in advance!
  3. Selmer (Paris)
    I'm about to purchase a Mark VII alto serial number 232,XXX and am wondering if anyone has come across the following finish. The body is gold lacquer however the keys are all silver including the octave key on the neck. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
  4. Selmer (Paris)
    Could anyone tell me a little more about this horn? Is it worth spending $1800 for? How does it differ from the VI, and what sort of tone does it produce? Thanks, I'm really looking at getting one of these as my first Pro horn, but I'm on a budget and cannot afford a VI!
  5. Selmer (Paris)
    Hey Guys! so i just had a gal drop off some old Sax's at the music shop i work at in New London CT, ones an old '62 Mk VI and this 1976 silver plated Bari that id like to learn some more about as i am unfamiliar with details on these old baritones, ive heard rumor that although they started...
  6. Selmer (Paris)
    I am currently in the process of moving, and yesterday, while sorting through the stuff that was under the stairs of my old house, I came across a brochure for the alto and tenor Mark VII saxophones. The brochure would be roughly from 1979, from when I was in junior high school. I was checking...
  7. Selmer (Paris)
    Hey, Are Selmer Mark VII's any good? I am currently interested in buying one for $2300 that is silver plated and in really good condition. Does the silver make any difference? What is your guys opinion? EDIT- It is a tenor and the neck that comes with it is a Mark VI neck. Will that neck do...
1-7 of 9 Results