Sax on the Web Forum banner

Where can I find Sheet music to Praise and worship songs? Both modern and older christian songs?

13K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  bradshawm 
#1 ·
Where can I find Sheet music to Praise and worship songs? Both modern and older christian songs?
I am going to start playing in my church worship team, but I have no idea where to find music. My father (who is the music minister) doesn't know either. Anyone know of any good websites?

#4 ·
agirlie92... Check your PMs (Private Messages)
Under the "Notifications" link at the very top of this web page.

#5 ·
This is from a post I made about a year ago:

http://msfpw.com/
This site sells four books that cover a huge gamut of the modern worship songs that can be purchased for almost any instrument: Songs for Praise and Worship, More Songs for Praise and Worship, More Songs for Praise and Worship II, and More Songs for Praise and Worship III. For most instruments both the melody and a part is provided.

http://www.nph.com/nphweb/html/lmol/...HYMOR&nid=lcol
This site also has instrumental parts for both hymns and chorus's. You will find the following books at this site: 500 hymns for instruments (These are written to match hymns as they are written in a common hymnal), Master Chorus Book II (instrumental parts that support the chorus book by the same name), Sing to the Lord (for orchestrations that accompany the congregation). They also have many other instrumental resources.

http://www.despub.com/
This is a website that sells tons of band, solo, duet, trio, quartets and orchestra music for instruments. It is a Christian group and there is a lot of Christian music to be found here. Just click on the "View Catalog" on the left menu to find the links to the music and the different publishers.

http://store.yahoo.com/worshipmusic/...angements.html
This last one is one I have not tried, but looks like a great deal financially. It is called "The Source" and appears to come out of the UK. The piano book has over 600 songs in it and are mostly contemporary choruses, and runs about $30. The instrumental books are broken up into 6 books with about 100 songs in each one with book one being all the songs that begin with "A" through "E", etc. They run about $7 each. One of the things that is appealing about this set is that they advertise that you can freely copy the music for your use in the church without violating their copywrite, and the price is good for what you get in terms of total number of songs. If any one has used these, I would love to get your feed back on them.

Another thing that works well since you are an alto sax player, is that you can play something from the bass line on the piano part, and just change the key signature (add 3 sharps) and it is automatically transposed for you. Then you read it as if you were reading the Treble Cleff staff. This can provide some very nice harmony.

Our church also uses songs out of the "Praise" Green book. They used to do the Midi files, and I have the Midi files for all the songs in the book. Several times in the past I have brought up the songs in a cheap midi program, selected a track that will work for me, and transpose to match the instrument I am using. We use songs out of the top two links above quite extensively, and I have never had a problem with any of the material not working well with the worship team. The one issue that has come up occasionally, is if they are getting the piano/guitar parts from a different book, and it turns out to be in a different key, then there are transposing issues.

One last thing. If you belong to a church that has a CCLI subscription (most do), most hymns and quite a few contemporary songs can be transposed to whatever key you want and printed. Since the subsciption covers so many songs already, they can usually do this without additional cost, especially if you will be using the music at the church.

Good luck,

Marshall

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.