P Mauriat
Antigua Winds

Thread: RSR? Anyone know about his pieces?

Forum Contributor 2010 / RIP GAS_Wyo's Avatar

Default RSR? Anyone know about his pieces?

On EBAY I ran into some ads for "RSR new Baritone sax mouthpiece loud, bright & sweet #7". What do you know about these mouthpieces? Who has one or has played one?

Here is the link I'm seeing RSR Mouthpiece - Bari

I need some quick help on this one...this sale will end on the 4th...and I can't use my Berg 110/2M for everything.

Forum Contributor 2010 / RIP GAS_Wyo's Avatar

Default Re: RSR? Anyone know about his pieces?

Anyone? His ebay name is RichardSaxRoss.

I don't know, but I guarantee Jeff Powell isn't going to like him using Guardala's name, even if it says 'Guardala style'
    Sound guy theory of relativity: E=mc^2 (+or- 3dB)
    Sax player theory of relativity: E=mc^2 (+or- .010" at the tip)
    "Free jazz is the vegemite of the musical world. It's an acquired taste."-J. Jacques

I too would like to see a review if someone has one.

I have read many post so I decided I finally have something to contribute.
    I recently purchased the rsr baritone sax mouthpiece size 7 for my buescher.
    I play a 8 otto link stm ny on tenor and soprano and various alto mouthpieces

The link never worked on the bari for me, as it never cut, i tried some high baffle mthpc but wasn't my thing

I have had the RSR for a week now and at first I found it bright till I sat in with a few horns and an electric band.
    It has a similar construction to a B larson bullet chamber, medium large bore
    Played in tune, perfect resistance, I am still looking for the perfect reed but leaning toward blue box vandoren 3-3.5. Altissimo pops, except for g which I cold hit on my link. Has good dynamics even in lower register. And made with at least the quality of my guardala crescent, minus some polishing.

Now I am not saying this is the end all be all mouthpiece but for $109 with shipping it is the best barimouthpiece I have tried yet.

Thanks for the help over the years

Robert

I have read many post so I decided I finally have something to contribute.
    I recently purchased the rsr baritone sax mouthpiece size 7 for my buescher.
    I play a 8 otto link stm ny on tenor and soprano and various alto mouthpieces

The link never worked on the bari for me, as it never cut, i tried some high baffle mthpc but wasn't my thing

I have had the RSR for a week now and at first I found it bright till I sat in with a few horns and an electric band.
    It has a similar construction to a B larson bullet chamber, medium large bore, with the in the mouth of a link
    Played in tune, perfect resistance, I am still looking for the perfect reed but leaning toward blue box vandoren 3-3.5. Altissimo pops, except for g which has a little break in the partial, which I cold hit on my link. Has good dynamics even in lower register. And made with at least the quality of my guardala crescent, minus some polishing.

Now I am not saying this is the end all be all mouthpiece but for $109 with shipping it is the best bari mouthpiece I have tried yet.

Thanks for the help over the years

Robert