Sax on the Web Forum banner

SOTW Blues recording

223K views 651 replies 132 participants last post by  SaxPunter 
#1 · (Edited)
Just for fun, I wondered about a little recording project you might all like to participate in.

I have a basic blues in F backing track. If those of us who have some recording facility each play a chorus, I'll mix it all together on the track and post the final result.

If there are loads of people interested I'll maybe do a few more, but for now I can cope with about 8, so the first 8 that express an interest I'll send an mp3 of the backing track.

All you need do is record one chorus and send me back just the saxophone part as a wav file (44.1 kHz please) and I will put it all together - the SOTW blues.

The next round will be a little way off, but anyone interested should now contact me

EDIT:

All the finished tracks will be uploaded on the
SOTW BLUES RECORDING page]

#149 ·
Absolutely!!! You're smokin' on the the blues and everyone should get a chance to hear it. Hopefully Grant the Plant will get in on it too. He plays a mean blues.

I thought round 2 was great. This should be an ongoing thing. Thanks again Pete.

#153 ·
Pete,

This is a very nice community project. Thanks for all your effort
and letting me participate.

If the project continues, I'd like to do another take on alto or soprano
after all others have had a chance to contribute something.

Thanks again!

#162 ·
Ja mon.....Da ting is - It was bein' too much fun...or as we say here in the deep south - Yee Haw!

I'm gonna steal that lick of Dave's - Somehow I never thought to ride one of those trills up rather than down. Duh - tanks for the idea!......I probably ought to listen to more music with sax in it.....

Everybody had some good ideas......I too wouldn't mind giving it a go on a Tenor instead that 'ol "tin horn" alto I used....

#163 ·
Congratulations, guys! Sounds great.

I can't seem to find the names of the players. Pete's link only gets me round 1. So, I used the mp3 link to hear it, but that doesn't list players.

#180 ·
.....what's your setup?....
I'm playing an RPC 90R with a Rico Jazz Select 2M filed reed, on a late Mark VI alto. I just switched to this piece from my previous mpc, a Meyer 10M which I had been using for over 20 years. I just got the RPC 90R in July. It has so much more power, and I think it's going to work out to be a big improvement for me, but I am still working out how to play softly on the low end, and how to get clean startups to all notes consistently.

#169 ·
Thanks Pete, great and enjoyable project - I can see it being really popular here.
That particular groove is a real discipline to play on !

( No worries Fader- you can thank Cannonball I guess :) )

#171 ·
Pete really deserves a round on us. I musta emailed him 5 times with dumb technical questions. He has the patience of a saint. Accolades,Pete. You guys play great,too. Dave Wright - what MP you using? Your tone is the shizzle.

If current indicators are correct, you have a new part-time job, Pete!:D

#177 ·
Pete really deserves a round on us. I musta emailed him 5 times with dumb technical questions. He has the patience of a saint. Accolades,Pete. You guys play great,too. Dave Wright - what MP you using? Your tone is the shizzle.

If current indicators are correct, you have a new part-time job, Pete!:D
Thanks man, its a vintage soloist - Steve Neff sold me it after BP had worked on it.

I thought it was interesting listening to the varying tones on the recording- very cool .

#173 ·
I'd do any of the horns. (Of course, everyone should have a shot at it first).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.