Sax on the Web Forum banner

SOTW Blues recording

223K views 651 replies 132 participants last post by  SaxPunter 
#1 · (Edited)
Just for fun, I wondered about a little recording project you might all like to participate in.

I have a basic blues in F backing track. If those of us who have some recording facility each play a chorus, I'll mix it all together on the track and post the final result.

If there are loads of people interested I'll maybe do a few more, but for now I can cope with about 8, so the first 8 that express an interest I'll send an mp3 of the backing track.

All you need do is record one chorus and send me back just the saxophone part as a wav file (44.1 kHz please) and I will put it all together - the SOTW blues.

The next round will be a little way off, but anyone interested should now contact me

EDIT:

All the finished tracks will be uploaded on the
SOTW BLUES RECORDING page]

#7 ·
I'd like to give it a go. I might have to spend time figuring out how to record and extract the wav file, but I think I can mentally picture how to proceed. Any notes you can provide on how you would do this would be helpful.

#20 ·
OK we have enough for round 1 and 2, (any more will go into #3, let's see how this works out first)

TJS Silvin Perry Wisedude tanbark813 martinmusicman Fader Mope harmonizer hakukani AntonVonWebern quackattack sopranosaxman Fran D zirbo Bill Mecca thejoyofsax (let me know if I missed anyone)

Check your PMs over the next couple of days, I'll send instructions inc technical specs.

This could be fun, it's not meant to be a contest or anything - the sequence is a very basic 3 chord blues in a slow 12/8 so technical proficiency/flash shredding is not required.

I'll ask Harri if we can publish the final track on a page on the main site, but you will all be sent the final mix file before it goes public to give your consent to it being published on here.

Anyone else interested, keep posting as I hope we'll go into round #3 or 4.

#28 ·
I'd like to give it a whirl if I can figure out the technical aspects of it. I've got a Zoom H4 and Sonar 6 on PC that I'm trying to get up to speed with.

Oh yeah, and if I can remember how to play blues in an "easy" key like concert F, after playing for years with guitarists in concert E. Hey, maybe I can play it in my usual F# but shove the mouthpiece in really really far.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.