P Mauriat
Antigua Winds

Thread: Emerson Serial Numbers

Default Emerson Serial Numbers

I have an Emerson EF1 flute and was wondering what year it was manufactured, but I can't find a way to contact Emerson. They're owned by Conn-Selmer so they have serial numbers for the other brands on their site, but not Emerson and the contact FAQ question says to ask your local dealer. Would they know about these serial numbers? I searched the forums but couldn't find any threads about this.

Thanks!

Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician

Default Re: Emerson Serial Numbers

What is the number? I may be abole to make a guess since I worked for them. If the barrel has a logo with ELD in an oval, it is pre 1997 and the later ones have an E with a line through it.
    If the name is on the body and not on the barrel, it is probably pre-1987.

The number is 50483, I know it's definitely after 1997, I just got it new in about 2003 I think from our local music store.

Distiguished SOTW Tech

Quote Originally Posted by bruce bailey View Post
    What is the number? I may be abole to make a guess since I worked for them. If the barrel has a logo with ELD in an oval, it is pre 1997 and the later ones have an E with a line through it.
    If the name is on the body and not on the barrel, it is probably pre-1987.
    Bruce, Deford has bought and sold flute companies so many times that I 've lost track. I think he was on Hivley Ave...when I lived in Elkhart. It would be nice if there were an updated langwell index for "modern" instrument makers. Be nice to know all of his and other makers logos and basic serial number info as well, I know some of it is scattered out there.
    Matt