Sax on the Web Forum banner

I'm a lefty and it's messing me up

6K views 51 replies 26 participants last post by  cymru97 
#1 ·
Here's the deal:

Whenever I play something I haven't practiced profusely on, my tempo always goes all over the place. For example, on Sonatina(Mozart), there are a lot of runs up and down scales. If you listened to me going up and down each time, I would speed up and slow down everywhere(My teacher calls it "hard to listen to"). My teacher says this is because of my left-handedness, that my left hand can and will go a lot faster than my right hand. I can feel it myself also, it is much easier to move my left hand fast than it is to move my right hand. On a solo contest, I did well with it because I practiced forever. I also can't do a D arpeggio because from F# to A my fingers go fu-duh. I can't seem to integrate them. Are there any right hand excercises I can do to fix this?

#45 ·
So Rooty

where did you get the pics of our nurse daughter from???? i thought this pc was protected!!

And yes left handedness envy is poisonous and toxic............leave it to the experts! after all we ARE the creative ones.......now if only I could get a note out of this brass saxofony thing i've got here, which way is up??

#47 ·
I dont want to scare you uneccessarily rooty but :shock: ................have you looked in the mirror lately? you may be one of my easier diagnosis! It may be the top hat, though I cannot be certain.............still right handed talking hampster/ferret!! Now that is special! I would dump the lefty envy and concentrate on appearance, where were you on Britain's Got Talent? :twisted ;)

#50 ·
:dazed:Rooty tooty roland kirk..................dont forget his nose too!

This guy is wasted get him on TV!

Oh ****.............just had a thought, suppose he is left handed with his top two arms and right handed with his bottom two. or............maybe all are left handed, in which case he will walk around in circles.............or.........they are diagonally opposed in which case he will never go anywhere cos they will cancel each other out!

Ha! Who said lefties arent creative!

:dazed: :argue:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.