P Mauriat
Antigua Winds

Thread: sml rev d

Default sml rev d

Hi, I have been posting everywhere trying to find some value on these things. Someone wants to sell me a rev d sml alto with no neck and no case thats needs complete restoration for $50? worth anything? should i buy it? thanks

Forum Contributor 2010 bbbouklas's Avatar

Default Re: sml rev d

if you don't want it I do... I know where to find an original neck for it.. haha

Seeker Of A Clever Title. zxcvbnm's Avatar

Please don't double post... I answered your question in the other thread.
    Buescher curved soprano silver plate high F/Jicaino custom large chamber sop piece
    Buescher Aristocrat 140 silver plate /Jicaino refaced Buescher piece

Forum Contributor 2014
    The official SOTW Little Sister

Well, if they keep harrasing you for it, don't. Nothing burns me more than people pushing me to do things, because then I don't.
    It's only cool until Kenny G does it.

well a complete restoration will end up costing you something-hundred dollars depending on the condition, and if you can't find an original neck, an nice aftermarket neck can cost a couple hundred dollars as well, so keep that in mind.

Forum Contributor 2012

There was a neck on eBay a while ago; don't think it sold, they wanted a lot for it. And please don't cross-post, it's not necessary.

Seeker Of A Clever Title. zxcvbnm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaxMoose View Post
    well a complete restoration will end up costing you something-hundred dollars depending on the condition, and if you can't find an original neck, an nice aftermarket neck can cost a couple hundred dollars as well, so keep that in mind.
    You are absolutely correct, but remember that this is a valuable horn. If I were in this person's position, I would buy it for the $50 (which is ridiculous cheap btw), and sell it on here or on ebay for at least $300. An SML of this vintage with original neck (and in good playing condition) could go for more than $2000.
    Buescher curved soprano silver plate high F/Jicaino custom large chamber sop piece
    Buescher Aristocrat 140 silver plate /Jicaino refaced Buescher piece