P Mauriat
Antigua Winds

Thread: Guardala Soprano Mouthpiece

Default Guardala Soprano Mouthpiece

Has anyone tried Guardala soprano mouthpiece?
    How does it compare to the alto and tenor Guardala mouthpieces in ease of playing and sound? Is it too bright?
    To which other mouthpiece is it similar? How does it compare with the soprano Jody Jazz DV?

Distinguished SOTW Member

Default Re: Guardala Soprano Mouthpiece

Years ago . . . I traded it away. In my memory, the Guardala (a gold-plated metal piece) was very spread and lacked focus . . . sorta like my Lakey HR soprano pieces. Can't compare it to larger sizes.

A friend of mine had one, too (that's why I bought the thing directly from Guardala) and he sounded good on it but I don't think he plays anymore either. I'd bet money your experience with it would be different. DAVE
    Dave

Years ago? I thought the Guardala soprano came out for the first time this year, 2008. I guess I am referring to the one made by the company that corrently makes his tenor and alto mouthpieces and not what Guardala might have made years ago.

Distinguished Member
    Forum Contributor 2013

Guardala used to make them in the 80s-early 90s. The new ones are made by PMS in Germany and have very little to do with the old ones...

Distinguished SOTW Member

I bought my Guardala soprano piece directly from Guardala in the late 1980's. DAVE
    Dave

The Jody Jazz DV is a very flexible piece throw a 3 1/2 Blue Box vandoren on it and you got a trad sop sound or go a little lighter and more modern you get I love mine even more then my tenor DV NY.
    [SIZE="0.5"]Tenor- King Super 20-FL Spectruso .110SP
    Alto- Yamaha YAS-875EX-Morgan Jazz 7 RJS 3M
    soprano- Yamaha YSS-475-Jody Jazz DV 6* RJS 3M